Quality Control Manager - Mary's Gone Crackers – Gridley, CA
Mary's Gone Crackers is seeking a highly motivated person to join their team in Gridley, California and fill the position of QA Manager. The company was founded in February 2004 and has achieved extraordinary growth in the Organic and Natural Foods sector. Mary's Gone Crackers has developed a culture based on innovation, creativity and a supportive healthy work environment. The company knows their success is dependent upon the collective energy and intelligence of their employees. Management encourages an entrepreneurial, unconventional, continued learning approach and the result is a team of people who are engaged and motivated to help the company grow and prosper.
Job Title: Quality Control Manager
The purpose of this position is to plan, develop and implement techniques, processes and procedures for controlling the desired level of quality for all goods supplied by MGC. Responsible for coordinating with production, quality control, warehouse and suppliers to resolve quality problems. Ensures compliance with OSHA and other relevant standards. Ensures all organic/gluten free/Kosher certifications are up to date. Investigates accidents and determines root cause. Also develops action steps to resolve safety issues and records and documents all information and data as it relates to safety.
Essential Job Duties
• Must be capable of professionally and independently contributing to the overall success of Mary's Gone Crackers at any capacity irrelevant of whether it's indicated within this job description
• Organic Certification ‐ Documentation control, Lot control, etc.
• GMP/Costco Certification ‐ HACCP, Sanitation, Traceability, Quality, Documentation
• Quality Control ‐ Gluten Testing, Taste Testing, Batch Verification
• Establish and monitor production standards, examining samples of raw product or directing testing during processing, to ensure finished products are of needed quality
• Formulate sampling procedures and designs, and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data. Utilize statistical data techniques to monitor production performance
• Establish and monitor packaging, shipping and warehousing standards
• Develop and implement production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance and other operational reports, to detect and resolve production problems
• Responsible for product labeling compliance and for keeping product specifications current
• Plan, promote, and organize training activities related to food quality and food safety
• Investigate customer concerns or complaints about food quality. Reduce risk through effective system design, implementation and maintenance
• Monitor the facility to make sure it remains safe, secure and well‐maintained
• Conduct monthly internal inspections
• Communicate recommendations and changes to ensure facility safety needs are being met
• Assures all supplier certifications are up to date
• Uploads certifications on Kosher website to be approved
• Ensures new suppliers fill out new documentation in order to become one of MGC's vendors
• COA (cost of analysis) compare to ingredient SPECS
• Update new ingredient log with all products that come into MGC
• Test sanitizer parasite acid once a week for its concentration level and log information
• Test equipment once a month for micro bacterial growth
• Review and update SOP's as needed
• Builds and presents training presentations
Minimum (5) five years Quality Assurance or Food Safety Leadership experience and/or training. Bachelor's degree is a requirement.
Ability to read, write and speak English. Ability to follow directions and instructions. Ability to learn new processes and programs efficiently. Must adhere to our Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) policy. Proficient in the use of Microsoft software applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Excellent interpersonal and team building skills. Experience dealing with regulatory agencies.
The duties of this job vary from day to day, you can be sitting using office equipment and computers, which may cause muscle strain or standing up to 5 hours a day. Must have the ability of using hands to grasp 5‐10 pound objects, must be able to lift and carry 25 to 50
pounds on occasion. You must also be able to endure the medium noise levels inside the warehouse.
Full time employees will be eligible for Medical, Dental & Vision benefits after 90 days of employment.
If interested please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com