Sr Food Scientist-12004864 – Atlanta, GA
The Schwan Food Company (Schwan’s) is looking for a Senior Food Scientist to join our team in Atlanta, GA. This position is responsible for forming and leading product development projects by developing complex formulas, processing procedures and specifications for new products, product enhancements, and cost reductions to meet project needs. This position will work closely with Marketing, Sales, Operations, and external customers.
· Uses the principles of food science to understand the processing and deterioration of foods (specifically, desserts such as pies, brownies, etc.). Analyzes food content, discovers new food sources, and applies food science knowledge to determine best ways to process, package, preserve, store, and distribute food.
· Provides advanced technical solutions to production issues as it relates to ingredients, formulas, processing procedures, and specifications to ensure continuous production of existing products and maintain product quality and safety.
· Develops experimental formulas, processing procedures, and specifications for raw ingredients, subassemblies, and finished products for simple and complex new products, product improvement, and cost reduction opportunities.
· Organizes and manages complex test runs to ensure formulas and processes are accurate for final specifications and consistent results.
· Participates on and leads teams to ensure successful start-ups of new products, product improvements, cost reductions, and ingredient formula specification or process changes.
· Evaluates ingredients and processing techniques to identify and commercialize simple product improvement and cost reduction opportunities.
· Documents all work according to established procedures and guidelines, provides timely and effective oral and written communication, and prepare various project reports to team and project leader to ensure complete communication.
· Supports innovation in the development of new ideas, new products, or new product platforms through ideation sessions and bench top experimentation, along with the ability to effectively communicate the concept.
Education: Bachelor of Science or Masters degree, or equivalent in Food Science, Dairy Science, Foods & Nutrition Studies, or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or product development experience.
Years of Related Experience: 5-8 years related experience with BS, 2-4 years related experience with Masters, or 1-3 years related experience with Ph.D.
· Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
· Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word;
· Advanced knowledge of Algebra, Geometry, Physics, Chemistry, and Statistics;
· Solid knowledge and understanding of food ingredients, food chemistry, food processing, and food functionality;
· Must be able to comprehend technical articles, research papers, or presentation; must be able to apply advanced technical knowledge learned;
· Advanced ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and offer solutions;
· Ability to taste and ingest any type of food product currently under development.
· Prior experience in Product Development required.
: US-Georgia-ATLANTA-GA-ONE LEMON LANE (1017)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com