purpose of this job is to support the development of food products from
concept to commercialization at Ralcorp including development of
preparation procedures, cost reduction, manufacturing and continuous
improvement projects. Each session, the candidate for this position will
concentrate their work in an area such as R&D, QA, Operations or
Continuous Improvement. In addition to other activities, during each
session, the candidate will be expected to plan, collaborate, execute and
report on one special project under direction of a supervisor. There will
be strong interaction with Ralcorp personnel in R&D, QA, operations,
process development, and commercialization in order to successfully create
food systems leading to new business. There may be some limited customer
contact. This job is intended to be a multi-session co-op work experience
with the candidate returning to Ralcorp during alternating school and
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
· Assist in product development projects, coordinate product development
issues with other departments, refine current formulations, maintain
formulation records, qualify primary and secondary ingredient vendors,
perform product shelf life experiments and help maintain R&D lab and
· Problem solving and project planning.
· Gather data during experiments; organize and present data in usable
· Report results of experiments and present project work.
· Sensory evaluation of products.
· Keep accurate records of all experiments and plant tests (materials,
methods, results and conclusions).
· Responsible for food safety, food quality and food defense.
· Maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Keep work areas clean.
· Keep ingredients organized.
· Clean lab and pilot plant equipment and utensils.
Supervise: This position will require limited
supervision of others.
Budget: No direct control of budget, appropriate
use of resources expected.
of Impact: All Foodservice and National Accounts business.
External: May have contact with customers, vendors
for project related work.
Internal: Must work as team with many Ralcorp employees.
Supervision: May work with others or independently with direction from