Malaysia: 24 SK Tanjung Bungah Pupils Down With Food Poisoning
PENANG, July 20 (Bernama) -- Twenty-four pupils of Sekolah
Kebangsaan (SK) Tanjung Bungah Monday were rushed to the Penang Hospital
after experiencing stomach-ache and diarrhoea.
The school's senior assistant, Kamaruddin Shawal Hamid, said the pupils,
aged between 9 and 12, were believed to have had food poisoning after eating
chlorine-tainted nasi lemak and chicken rice at the school canteen.
"All the students who had nasi lemak and chicken rice at the canteen
showed symptoms of food poisoning around 10am after their break
ended," he said when contacted here today.
Kamaruddin said early checks by the school revealed that the food sold at
the canteen was tainted with chlorine.
The Health Department had taken samples for tests, he added.