Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences, College of
Open Until Filled
Ph. D. in Food Science, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine,
or related field.
Experience in food microbiology research. The successful applicant should
have previous experience in isolating and identifying bacteria as well
knowledge of molecular biology of foodborne pathogens would be preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design, implementation, and evaluation of
experiments to detect Escherichia coli O157:H7 in cattle populations.
- Control and evaluate expenditure of research funds with PI.
- Conduct review of literature in the field in which the research is
- Coordinate the work of students on the project and oversee final
- Develop and supervise the development of methods, techniques,
instrumentation, and devices needed to carry out the research project.
- Analyze and evaluate research results.
- Review progress reports written by subordinates.
- Write comprehensive progress reports and final reports on completion of
- Author and coauthor manuscripts for publication and/or presentation at
- Draft proposals to funding agencies to procure funds for new projects.
This Post Doctoral Research Associate (job code # 9546)
position is a 100% time 12-month (A) annual renewable appointment.
Renewal is dependent on funding and satisfactory performance. Post
Doctoral Research Associate appointments at the University of Minnesota
are limited to three years. The appointment provides access to University
health and vacation benefits.
This position is in the Department of Food Science and Nutrition. The
mission of the Department is to conduct research, provide knowledge, and
develop skills to improve food and health. The integration of nutrition
and food science has provided an exceptional opportunity for the
Department to capitalize on the intersection of the areas of health
systems and food production. The Department plays a unique and important
role in meeting human needs by training professionals and providing
service in the fields of nutrition and food science. Many faculty members
in the Department are nationally recognized scholars in a wide range of
nutrition and food science focused areas, including, nutrition and
health/disease prevention, nutrition and society/community, nutrition
education/culture, food safety and microbiology, food processing, food
flavor and sensory studies. The Department employs 25 tenure/tenure track
faculty members and 30 professional staff members. Current enrollments
include over 440 undergraduate majors and over 120 masters and doctoral
students. For more information about faculty members, programs, and
curriculum, see: http://fscn.cfans.umn.edu
Please apply online via the Employment System at
Attach a resume/CV, cover letter, and the names and contact information
of three references.
Only complete applications will be considered and reviewed.
Start date - ASAP
For any questions or inquiries contact: Francisco Diez, Associate
Professor - FDiez@umn.edu