Scientist – Londonderry, NH
This position is responsible for leading R&D projects including developing product formulas, processing procedures and specifications for new Greek products, product and process improvements, and cost reductions in order to achieve business objectives. The position also provides technical support to all Stonyfield departments as well as external vendors, co-manufacturers and customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead the Technical Development Process for all assigned projects, from initial planning through commercialization.
· Ensure the objectives, scope and parameters of the project are clearly defined and communicated
· Use scientific approach to plan experiments, analyse data, formulate and test hypotheses.
· Obtain and utilize deep technical understanding of all aspects of assigned projects.
· Facilitate project execution by working with Food Technologies and cross-functional teams.
· Communicate progress and provide recommendations.
· Anticipate challenges and elevate issues as needed.
· Collaborate with internal and external resources.
· Oversee production trials
· Serve as a technical resource for the company
· Participate with continuous improvement efforts as required
· Assist with trouble shooting on ingredients, finished products and processing issues.
· Provide additional technical support as requested.
· Manage and optimize processes.
· Implement consistent systems, processes and procedures and ensure that they are followed at all times.
· Proactively and creatively drive efforts to enhance efficiency and processes throughout the department.
· Facilitate Food Technologist performance and development
· Ensure expectations are clearly understood
· Identify performance and/or training gaps and collaboratively create plans for improvement.
· Support on-going technical and personal development
· Provide regular and on-going constructive feedback and coaching
· Hold Food Technologists accountable for meeting or exceeding defined expectations.
· Professional Development
· Create and follow-through on an annual individual development plan focused at improving performance in current role and developing for future opportunities.
· Continually expand and strengthen technical knowledge.
· Bachelor's or Masters of Science required
· Strong understanding of scientific methodology
· Solid technical knowledge of food science
· 5+ years applicable work experience, including experience working with Greek yogurt
· Product development experience required
· Familiarity with a manufacturing environment preferred
· Supervisory experience preferred
· Self-motivated with a high level of responsibility and professionalism
· Proven ability to successfully lead in a collaborative team environment
· Excellent time management and prioritization skills with a proven ability to handle multiple projects with conflicting deadlines
· Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing priorities
· Strong business acumen
· Demonstrated creativity
· Ability to follow direction and work independently
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong math, computer and logic skills
· Excellent organization skills
· Meticulous record keeping skills
· Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints
· Ability to operate in a team environment
· Ability to adapt in a changing work environment
Job Code: SCI-13
Email HR_Resumes@Stonyfield.com, reference Scientist
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org