McKee Foods Corporation
Corporate Technical Services Sr. Specialist
- Bachelor of Science degree in Food Microbiology or
related field of study and 5 years experience in a related position with
- Knowledge of and experience with microbiological
management in food plants to include:
o biofilm prevention
o sanitizer use and function
o niche vs transient microorganisms
o general food plant microbial ecology
- Technical knowledge of low moisture food
manufacturing processes and related microbiological risks.
- Ability to work in a team environment to
accomplish continuous improvement.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or
scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches
and presentations on complex topics (including microbiological risk) to
management, and employees throughout the company.
- Ability to respond effectively to highly sensitive
inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to effectively utilize statistics and
mathematics to analyze data, create information and develop insights
about microbiological data trends ultimately making improvements to the
business in reduction of risks, etc.
- Ability to use a computer to analyze and process
information in MS Access databases and other Mckee Foods data systems
and to effectively utilize MS Excel,
MS Word, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint and MS PowerPoint.
- Able to organize, set priorities and manage time
- Personable, respected by peers.
- High level of initiative, work well with minimal
- Able to maintain high degree of confidentiality.
- Able to handle detailed paperwork and maintain
- Willing to receive additional training.
- Willing to travel.
- Experience conducting regular sanitation
inspections and audits of products and equipment for conformity to
federal and state sanitation laws and plant standards.
- Registered Environmental Health Specialist/
- Knowledge of or experience with ISO 17025
- 10+ years of supervisory experience.
- Experience in conducting training.
- Supervise McKee Foods Corporate Microbiology
- Maintain lab operations in compliance with the CDC
Bio-safety Level 2 approval level.
- Establish and maintain lab quality system
consistent with the requirement of ISO 17025.
- Train manufacturing employees on microbiological
topics and sanitation principles.
- Manage McKee Foods microbiological monitoring
- Conduct heat kill step validation testing of
- Conduct risk assessments for the company relating
to microbiological issues.
- Develop and implement company quality policies as
they relate microbiological concerns.
- Write, establish and review procedures supporting
the company quality policies.
- Conduct plant facility microbiological audits to
include equipment inspection and proper use of cleaning chemicals to
achieve microbiological standards.
- Review microbiological results, conduct trend
analysis and communicate with plant Technical Services and Environmental
Services Departments concerning corrective and preventative actions.
interested and qualified, please visit our website at www.mckeefoods.com to apply.
considered as an applicant for this position, all resumes and/or applications
must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. ET on August 6, 2010.
**We are an Equal Opportunity