to include but not limited to:
-Ensure the development, compliance, and certification of HACCP and other
food safety programs
-Ensure the facility delivers the required standards of food safety
according to both company and Regulatory policies, procedures, and
-Responsible to manage facility inspections, traceability, testing,
vendor auditing, and microbial program compliance.
-Responsible for the delivery of continuous improvement and working with
Corporate Quality in the execution of company programs.
-Deliver accountabilities through direct involvement with manufacturing
-Ensure key traceability, inspection program management, vendor
management, and microbial program metrics are established, and the
delivery of the established metrics and Key Performance Indices.
-Ensure adherence to required food safety laws, regulations, corporate
policies and practices.
-Work collaboratively across all necessary functions to ensure adherence
to established programs and practices.
-Decisions to undertake medium and large scale projects may be made by
the Food Safety Manager; such decisions will, at a minimum, be strongly
informed / influenced by this role.
- Responsible for food safety accountability for all hours of operation.
- Accountable for HACCP & food safety training for the facility to
ensure compliance and execution of required programs.
- Ensure adherence to all standard work processes, including K-LEAN processes.
Position Requirements Education minimum:
BA degree in food science, microbiology, or other relevant degree and a
minimum 5 years experience in quality & food safety is required.
Candidate Minimum Qualifications:
- HACCP certification
- Technical knowledge of quality & food safety
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work well independently and as a member of a team
- Computer software skills to include Microsoft Office Suite
Candidate Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in a Union environment
- Hands-on microbiology laboratory experience
- SAP software experience
- SQF 2000 certification
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive
work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent
of its people. EOE M/F/D/V
Job Summary (Other Than English):
Is this Job Opening 'American
Recovery and Reinvestment Act' funding related?:
Is this job opening considered
to be a 'Green Job'?: