Quality Assurance Manager - CherryPharm Inc - Geneva, NY
Quality Assurance Manager for CherryPharm Inc, makers of Cheribundi™ cherry juices
The Quality Assurance Manager will coordinate the Plant`s Quality Control plan and perform various tasks to provide the necessary support to operations to assure all products are manufactured and/or packaged within good manufacturing practices, meet accepted company standards and policies and meet all Federal and State regulations in a cost effective manner.
- Manage Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) assessments and reassessments. Compose and edit HACCP plans and strategies for new products. Manage all HACCP records.
- Assure compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s) – rewriting and updating procedures when necessary.
- Perform all quality assurance testing on finished products and incoming raw materials and perform sanitation verification audit.
- Collect samples and coordinate all microbiological and environmental testing. Recommend sanitation procedure changes based on micro results.
- Conduct and perform Audits and Inspections and ensure that corrective actions are taken as well as reported within prescribed timelines.
- Manage pest control for the facility.
- Review plant records for conformance with regulations and company policy. Investigate deviations. Input production data and compile weekly, monthly and annual reports for manufacturing and management.
- Identify and order needed supplies and equipment, cleaning glassware and lab housekeeping.
- Help improve product quality utilizing key product/process attributes, sensory and quality metrics.
- Perform shelf life and other inventory related studies for product quality and food safety.
- Investigate and monitor any consumer or vendor complaints.
- Assist in managing ingredient, nutritional and claim labeling requirements in accordance with regulations and standards.
- Actively participate in new product and new process development and implementation.
- Manage FDA, State inspections, and other independent audits with necessary follow-up.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Quality Systems, specializing in Food, FDA and GMP environment.
- Independent worker. Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels and across the organization.
- Competent at Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong organizational, attention to detail and task follow up skills.
- Must be professional, mature and have the ability to resolve issues in an organized manner
- Must be able to handle many diversified tasks at one time and correctly prioritize conflicting, time sensitive tasks.
- Bachelor`s Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or a related field.
- Experience in food manufacturing preferred.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org