See a company like no other.
We're a company living a clear vision; to be the best. In every area of our
business. In everything we do.
Our nationwide channel of retail stores, distribution centers, and corporate
offices offer you thousands of opportunities to join our diverse team and
bring your best.
As a Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Specialist - Food Gifts, you will
be responsible for executing the food safety & quality assurance programs
for Target Owned Brand food gifts program. The primary focus includes working
with Owned Brand and category buying teams in the identification, selection
and approval of all prospective and current vendor facilities for food
safety, quality assurance management and regulatory compliance. This function
represents the technical liaison among the merchants, vendors, brokers,
laboratories, legal, consumer response, labeling, and packaging functions.
The primary objective is to ensure that Targetís vendors and their facilities
are in compliance with both Targetís and regulatory agency requirements for
food safety and product quality. The scope of responsibility includes the
initial selection of the vendor through first production and product
- Conducting a documented food
safety risk assessment on all prospective Owned Brand vendors and
facilities manufacturing products for Target
- Reviewing and approving 3rd
Party Facility Audits and vendor corrective action plans
- Acting as primary liaison with
3rd Party Audit Services
- Reviewing and approving vendor
HACCP and food safety programs
- Reviewing regulatory compliance
for all aspects of food safety
- Performing on-site pre-audit
assessments of proposed vendors as required
- Evaluating and approving product
specifications for food gift category items
- Ensuring product specifications
include key requirements for analytical, microbiological, and physical
attributes, including food safety parameters and shelf-life
- Advising and providing product
testing requirements and testing protocol for 3rd party lab testing
- Maintaining accuracy and current
status of all vendor information in the vendor database
- Entering all new vendors and sku information after business is awarded
- Advising Test Kitchen Coordinator
and Owned Brand and Category Buying Teams on approval status of vendor
facilities, while communicating clearly the rationale for each status
and the impact on pending projects
- Maintaining metric reports
monthly and reporting on status of projects and vendors
- Identifying opportunities for
improving current food safety and quality assurance systems
- Identifying and developing a plan
with the respective vendors to reduce guest complaints
- Supporting projects and
activities associated with food safety and quality assurance.
- Assisting with investigation and
resolution of food safety issues
- Working with vendors for prompt
resolution of product quality issues
- Effectively balancing, managing
and prioritizing the scheduling of projects and tasks
- Maintaining accurate
documentation and data entry of technical information systems
- B.S. in Food Science, Food
Microbiology or related discipline.
- 5-7 years in food QA, food
manufacturing or related experience with consumer foods.
- Technical and working knowledge
of food sanitation, GMPs, food safety and
- Experienced and knowledgeable in
several product categories or technical platforms, e.g., thermal
processing, aseptic, etc.
- Knowledge of government
regulatory requirements in the processing of consumer food products,
including FDA and USDA requirements.
- Excellent organizational,
interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Leadership skills to direct the
execution of major technical initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work
effectively in team environments.
- Strong computer skills, including
Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access).
- Ability to travel as required
- International experience
- Private label manufacturing
- ASQ Certified Quality Auditor
Problem-solving and project management skills
- Food Microbiology course work/lab
members will receive one of the best earnings packages anywhere, including
competitive pay, all-around insurance coverage, 401(k), flexible scheduling,
training and development and many other perks and benefits. See a place of
exciting challenges and rewards. See a place where you'll feel empowered to
do something brilliant. See a place filled with creativity and unlimited
opportunity. See a place where 'work' could easily be called play. See
yourself here. Target is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a