Food Safety/Quality Assurance Technician
Portland, Oregon, United States
Mary’s Harvest Fresh Foods, Inc. is a company based on a deeply rooted concept. You may think “Mary” is just a name for our company, but this could not be further from the truth. Mary Spada was a maverick in her time, pioneering the processed fruit and vegetable industry in Oregon. Now, over 70 years later, her family is going back to its roots and expanding on Mary’s vision. With the hectic lifestyles of today, combined with trying to prepare healthy, whole foods for you and your family-there doesn’t seem to be enough time. We offer whole, fresh prepared items that save time and provide the energy for you to keep on going!
Test and inspects product at various stages of production process. Collect and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties. Monitor and inspect production lines with accordance USDA and FDA and Mary’s Harvest Fresh Foods, Inc. procedures and customer specifications.
Duties will include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Day to day supervision of the processing lines-to assure that production lines are in compliance with GMP and HACCP regulations.
2. Selects products for test at specified stages in production process, and tests product for variety of qualities such as physical characteristics.
3. Record test data, applying quality control procedures.
4. Must know HACCP and GMP regulations.
5. Prepare reports, as required, by customers and senior management.
6. Provide guidance, training and assistance to Production personnel.
7. Perform periodic audits of the plant to ensure that the company is complying with all food safety issues.
8. Work close with Sanitation Supervisor to assure that Plant is in good sanitary conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
It would be expected that the individual in this position would have earned a High School, GED equivalent Diploma. The experience level for this position should be at least 1 year in food industry and should have covered the majority of essential duties noted above.
The employee must be able to lift up to 20 lbs, and be able to perform tasks in a cold environment for several hours at the time. This position requires that many tasks be handled simultaneously.
Good personal hygiene is required.
The employee must wear a hairnet, gloves and white smock while in the production area. Warm clothing adequate to protect discomfort in 35-40 degree environment is required. Shoes/boots that entirely cover the feet, are water-resistant and do not have a heel are required in the production areas.
The employee needs to wear the protective glasses when chemical are expose.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org