Company in Lancaster, PA is seeking a Food Safety Manager. Key
responsibilities may include the following:
1. Assists in continuous adherence and improvement of the facilities HACCP
program. This encompasses the Food Safety Plan (HACCP) as well as the
prerequisite programs that are the foundation for effective HACCP.
2. Ensures that incoming materials and products produced are safe, wholesome
and of good quality by establishing and maintaining food safety procedures
- By being an active member of the HACCP team;
- By being an active member for SQF certification;
- By participation in food safety audits;
- Through HACCP revalidation and food safety training; and
- By assisting Production in controlling quality with appropriate test
procedures and frequencies on the line and auditing of finished products.
3. Assists in and adheres to Food Safety Programs such as environmental
monitoring and sanitation verifications.
4. Performs other duties as requested.
With 2007 sales of nearly $12 billion, Kellogg Company is the worlds leading
producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods, including
cookies, crackers, toaster pastries, cereal bars, frozen waffles, and meat
alternatives. For more information, visit the company’s website at
www.kelloggcompany.com. Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who
strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and
embraces the diverse talent of its people. Kellogg EOE M/F/D/V
- A High
School Diploma or GED plus a minimum of seven years of experience required.
- Or, a Bachelors Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or a related field
plus a minimum of three years of experience is required.
- Masters Degree preferred.
Candidate must have:
- Broad knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Proven successful experience in Food Safety Systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical process control techniques and their
application to process control.
- Thorough understanding of food safety science and principles including
microbiological food safety risks and corrective actions.
- Personal computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, and decision making skills.
- Ability to handle multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work with outside vendors and external contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence others. The candidate must be
able to conduct inspections of their facility, which includes climbing and
working within small areas. Overtime and weekend work may be required.
applicants for this position must be authorized to work in the United States
now and in the future without requiring sponsorship.
position is currently accepting applications.