Company: Smithfield Beef Group
Provide expert leadership in overseeing food safety initiatives that achieve the organization’s food safety agenda and meet USDA and customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Expertise in HACCP, GMP and SSOP programs, company policies / procedures and government regulations that contribute to Food Safety.
· Lead and mentor Food Safety Technicians.
· Prepare and review daily and weekly plant information including: NR’s, microbial data and HACCP/SSOP trend indicators.
· Implement corrective actions, special projects and microbial validation studies to achieve food safety objectives.
· Food Safety Liaison between Plant Management and Plant Customers and the facility’s USDA-FSIS personnel.
· Assist the Quality Assurance Manager to achieve Quality Assurance objectives.
· Strive for continuous improvement in Food Safety.
2. Quality and Work Standards
3. Coaching and Mentoring of Others
4. Problem Analysis
5. Decision Making Skills
Experience and Requirements:
1. Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science, Food Science or related field and/or previous Quality Assurance or HACCP experience in a food processing plant is required.
2. Previous Managerial experience in Food Safety or Quality Assurance is preferred.
3. Thorough knowledge of SSOP, GMP, and HACCP programs.
4. Basic understanding of Food Microbiology and Plant Sanitation.
5. Computer skills in Microsoft Office programs.
6. Excellent problem analysis skills.
7. Good oral and written communication skills
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com