PepsiCo is a world
leader in convenient foods and beverages, with 2005 revenues of more than $32
billion and more than 157,000 employees.
The company consists of Frito-Lay North America, PepsiCo Beverages North
America, PepsiCo International and Quaker Foods North America. PepsiCo brands
are available in nearly 200 countries and territories and generate sales at
the retail level of about $85 billion.
PepsiCo offers product choices to meet a broad variety of needs and
preference -- from fun-for-you items to product choices that contribute to
PepsiCo’s mission is “To be the world's premier consumer products company
focused on convenient foods and beverages. We seek to produce healthy
financial rewards to investors as we provide opportunities for growth and
enrichment to our employees, our business partners and the communities in
which we operate. And in everything we do, we strive for honesty, fairness
Tropicana Chilled Juices - Product Development Sr. Scientist
ROLE and ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The Senior Scientist II contributes to short term and long term research in
support of chilled Orange Juice Quality. Activities range from research study
design and execution, to evaluation and commercialization of new technologies.
- Leads technical application and bench development for targeted juice
- Influences work direction and leads projects to deliver upon long term
citrus research program goals, focused in the areas of new technology
development and consumer research.
- Supports brand maintenance needs, and has significant interaction with
manufacturing, sensory, analytical, and satellite R&D lab.
- Degree in Food Science (or related field) with:
o B.S. and 6-7 years of experience OR
o M.S. and 4-5 years of experience OR
o Ph.D. with 2-3 years of experience
- In depth knowledge of product development with a good understanding of related
technical fields and business areas.
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and communication skills
- Strong influence skills to coordinate work of support departments
- Experience with conducting project risk assessments and providing strategic
and tactical recommendations
- Strong technical understanding of ingredient/ingredient functionality and
development techniques, sensory and consumer testing methods
- Ability to travel to execute research studies and plant start-ups.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adapting to changing
- Ability to lead multi-functional teams within R&D, and represent
technical function on business teams
- Ability to design laboratory and pilot plant testing, following good
- Experience in citrus/fruit processing is ideal.