R&D Food Technologist I – South Gate, CA
Job Title: R&D Food Technologist I
Reports to: R&D Director
Location: South Gate-Southern California
FLSA status: Exempt
R&D Food Technologist I will be responsible for the development of new products and adaptation of existing formulas to meet customer requirements and specifications. Products include fruit preparations and related products for dairy, food service, bakery, beverage and specialty applications.
· Develop products from conception to production that meets customer specifications and needs.
· Manage and complete assigned research & development projects within specified timelines.
· Develop products within cost parameters as required.
· Responsibilities include formulation, bench top cook-up, flavor and color application.
· Oversee pilot and start-up batches, adapting formulas and processes as required.
· Conduct function and/or sensory evaluation on new ingredients, flavors and finished products.
· Conduct shelf life studies as necessary.
· Complete required commercialization documents and enter production formulas and process procedures in the Oracle system.
· Establish product specifications on new products and update as needed.
· Develop nutritionals on Genesis Program and update as needed.
· Develop and update product labeling information.
· Ensure new products are in compliance with all regulations and certifications.
· Complete documentation for organic, non-GMO and other certifications as required.
· Complete product specifications on customer web based sites with all required product information.
· Gain and share technical knowledge keeping informed of new technologies, ingredients, products and processes.
· Effectively communicate and provide technical support to Sales, Quality Assurance and Production departments.
· Interface with R&D team, QA and production personnel on products and processes as needed.
· Work with Procurement to source new quality and cost effective ingredients and complete documentation including specifications on new raw materials.
· Effectively communicate with R&D manager on projects.
· Other duties assigned by R&D manager.
Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biology or related.
Experience: 2 - 5 years of industry experience in product development with relevant experience in fruit preparations highly desirable
South Gate, California, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org