Bulgaria: 15 people food poisoned after eating shawarmas in Kardzhali

http://www.focus-fen.net/Images/space.gif

http://www.focus-fen.net/Images/space.gif

http://www.focus-fen.net/Images/space.gif

2 August 2009 | 13:35 | FOCUS News Agency

http://www.focus-fen.net/Images/space.gif

http://www.focus-fen.net/Images/space.gif

http://www.focus-fen.net/Images/space.gif

Kardzhali. 15 people got poisoned after eating shawarmas in the town of Kardzhali (Southern Bulgaria), the Regional Inspectorate for Protection and Control of Public Health (RIPCPH) - Kardzhali announced.
A team of RIPCPH experts, formed at the order of inspectorate’s director, Dr. Zheni Staykova, responded immediately to the signal sent by the Infectious Diseases Ward at the Dr. Atanas Dafovski Hospital in the town about people with enterocolitis. Up to now, there are 15 patients received at the hospital – both adults and kids.
The epidemic survey shows that in the time period of July 30 – August 1, 2009, all of the patients have eaten shawarmas, bought from Globus ET in the town of Kardzhali.
The patients suffered stomachaches, vomiting, diarrhea, without registering high body temperature, around 3 to 4 hours after they have eaten the poisonous food.
The first case was registered on July 30. 3 poisoned people were received at the hospital on July 31 by the end of the working day, while other 3 patients with the same symptoms were registered over the next 24 hours. 8 people called the doctor over the food poisoning on August 1.
Authorities in charge have taken samples, which are now being examined. Results will be announced on Monday, August 3.

 

 

 

 

Main Page

setstats            Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com

            If you have any comments, please  send your email to info@foodhaccp.com