of Article: http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/health1/food-poisoning-leaves-60-ill-in-indore_100228366.html
6th, 2009 - 3:10 pm ICT by IANS -
Aug 6 (IANS) At least 60 people, half of them women and children, fell
ill after eating sweets at a function here, police said Thursday.
The incident occurred late Wednesday when a large number of people had
gathered for a religious ritual following the death of a person.
of the victims started vomiting as soon as they ate the sweets (Khopra Pak).
They were rushed to various hospitals across the city. Eyewitnesses claim
that the number of victims could be higher as many were discharged after
those who tasted the Khopra Pak fell ill,” said one of those present.
one of the organisers of the ritual, said the order for supplying 35 kg
of Khopra Pak had been given to a cook in Indore’s Bombay Bazaar.
distribution of sweets was stopped after people started vomiting and the
victims were rushed to various hospitals,” he said.
several victims were treated at private hospitals in Bangadda area, where
the incident occurred, more serious cases were referred to M.Y. Hospital.
Hospital Superintendent Salil Bhargav told IANS that since the patients
did not come in a group, the exact numbers were yet to be ascertained.
have registered a case.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to