Food Safety Scientist-1202130 – Glenview, IL
This position is responsible for reviewing food safety programs and, specifically, CCP validations at external manufacturers and suppliers that handle sensitive products (e.g.RTE Dairy, RTE Meat and RTE Vegetable products). Programs include HACCP, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring, Zoning, GMP, and validation of lethality steps. Also, included are laboratory programs and methods.
Provide support, as needed, to Business Units / Region with Technical visits to potential and existing suppliers/co-manufacturers to verify that key Food Safety and Microbiology programs are in place and validated. In addition, work with business partners to identify gaps and recommend corrective actions.
The incumbant will be assigned international suppliers and will travel be outside the USA approximately 50% of the time.
· Provide scientific and technical food safety and microbiological support to the BU to ensure product safety and quality by conducting technical assessments of Tier 2 suppliers and co-manufacturers located outside of North America. Identify and communicate food safety risks to BU, giving actionable advice on Food Safety programs.
· Review the validation/ of Food Safety programs at supplier, co-manufacturers and Kraft Foods facilities and recommend improvement programs to ensure brand protection & contribute to business growth.
· Assign tier of new suppliers and communicate changes of tiering structure to the organization
· Conduct validation of Critical Control Points related to heat kill steps (Cooking, Smoking, Blanching, etc) and assess validity of data obtained by others
· Continuously improve technical skills in food safety and understanding of food microbiology, epidemiology and food hygiene matters
· Conduct validation studies to determine critical limits for critical processes and partner with external institutions and business partners to update/maintain CCP models.
· Liase externally to ensure most relevant information and emerging issues are identified and incorporated in food safety visits.
· Develop/maintain technical visit criteria and checklists to incorporate new learnings and institutionalize them for future visits.
· MS or PhD in Food Safety or Microbiology or closely related field and 3 - 5 years experience in applied microbiology or related discipline.
· Experience with HACCP implementation, GMP, Pathogen Environmental Monitoring, and Facility / Equipment Design
· Experience with validation of Critical Control Point (Lethality steps such as roasters, cookers, and smokehouse).
· Knowledge of Microbiology Laboratory Techniques with awareness of rapid test methods
· Awareness of quality systems/processes
· Autonomous / Standing alone
· Excellent communication skills (presentation, report writing).
· Good people skills
· Action oriented
· Knowledge of basic computer skills.
: Research & Development Management
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com