Experienced professional who provides technical
leadership, competence and experience to lead and/or support multiple
global and regional projects with an emphasis on new product development,
product line extensions, product/process improvements, cost reduction,
margin improvement, or other work as assigned.
Position contributes to delivering the business objectives through the
application of advance, specialized technical knowledge. Serves as a
technical mentor and resource to colleagues and management. Capable of
leading cross functional teams. Work in partnership with the other
disciplines involved in the project team following the general principles
of project management.
- Partnering with Marketing, Marketing Research,
Quality Assurance, Sensory, Manufacturing, and other Scientists to
identify opportunities to drive business growth
- Provide technical expertise to effectively lead
new product development, margin enhancement, quality improvement and
ingredient technology projects from protocepts
to completion by leveraging current and new enabling technologies.
- Apply advanced scientific knowledge to solve
technical hurdles and issues relative to products and processes.
- Leverage vendor technical core competencies as
resource network for product development.
- Ensure, procedures and documentation
ensuring all necessary information is documented and available for
seamless transition to production and QA.
- Act as a technical mentor to teach junior
scientists on technical procedures and processes.
- Keeping current with advancements in ingredient
technology and food science by taking advantage of technical journals,
attending technical presentations by suppliers, and networking with
colleagues and experts in the field
- Conceive, plan, design and conduct independent
and/or collaborate activities on ingredients, formulations and
processes related to the development of new and improved products,
analyzing experiments and the results to broaden scientific
- Generate timelines taking into consideration all
aspects of the project such as cost, conditions of satisfaction from
gate 0 to gate 2. Partner with Commercial Lead and Project manager to
deliver business objectives
- Play an active role in leading the project teams
for your projects with relevant internal or external partners
throughout the process to provide novel solutions to a wide range of
- Complete all relevant documentation to allow the
business to claim any grants or tax relief available to them
- Oversee junior Scientistís/technicianís project
- Maintain good relationships and communicate
internally and externally with project team functions and any other
- Provide scientific direction and feedback to
others sharing knowledge throughout the organization and with major
suppliers, updating at quarterly meetings on project progress.
- Present findings and solutions on a regular
basis professionally and confidently at a level which is easily
- Regularly update Senior Leadership Team as to
status of projects and any change to key milestones.
- Collaborate with the
innovation chefs, providing technical feedback to allow them to apply
the learning to adapt the creation of recipe.
- Keep abreast of trends, ingredients and new
product introductions, sharing relevant information with the rest of
the PD team
- Interface with customers,
suppliers and co-packers, as required to meet department and Company
- Realizes customer needs by collaborating with
the innovation chef to develop new concepts, prototypes and products.
- Leads raw material sourcing, evaluation,
improvement and approval activities with Purchasing functions and/or
- Support Sales and Marketing in developing and
delivering effective customer presentations.
- Provides technical support to Operations, QA,
Procurement, Engineering and other departments, as assigned, in
identifying and solving product design and manufacturing issues.