Coordinator - Food Safety Education – Minneapolis-St.
Job Code and Title
Coordinator - Food Safety Education
Executive, Administrative, Managerial
A = 12 month
Annual renewable contract (K )
Total Hours or % Appointment
Food Science and Nutrition (412A)
College or Admin Unit
Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource
Sciences, College of
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Internal Promotional Consideration
Degree and/or credentials: Bachelor's degree or
Experience: At least 5 years of teaching Servsafe
course to Spanish-speaking audiences. Effective communication and
understanding of the Latino culture and community. Extensive experience
teaching and training minority groups. Knowledgeable in environmental and
- Conduct on site food safety training for front-line food service workers
- Assist with risk based food safety and sanitation audits and corrective
- Maintain active Certified Food Manager (NRA) instructor and proctor status.
- Conduct outreach programs to the food service community
- Conduct on-site visits to facilities for hands-on inspection and
- Collaborate with other researchers and outreach personnel in the project
- Coauthor of manuscripts for publication and/or presentation at professional
- Draft proposals to funding agencies to procure funds for new projects.
Position description: The Coordinator will lead
the educational and training efforts to deliver Food Safety programs to
Spanish-speaking managers and workers of the food service industry. This
position will work closely with PI and co-PI of the current NIFSI/USDA grant
to meet the projects research, outreach and evaluation objectives.
Benefits: Receives fringe academic administrative benefits for the class
series as is determined by percent time, appointment type, appointment
duration, and any other eligibility requirements. Refer to Benefits Summary
for Prospective Employees at
Appointment: Position is 66% time 12 month (A-534m) annually renewable
appointment; renewal is dependent on funding and satisfactory performance.
The appointment provides access to University's health benefits. Salary will
be commensurate with experience.
please apply online at:
Submit you resume, letter of interest outlining how
your skills and experience meet the essential and preferred qualifications
for this position and the names and contact information for 3 professional
As an institution committed to demonstrating excellence through diversity,
the College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences and the
University are committed to hiring a diverse faculty and staff, and actively
encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
Does this position require a background check?
Send Link to a Friend :