Process Technologist - Meat (Riverside, CA) Job
Apply now »
Date: Jul 15, 2012
Location: Riverside, CA, US
Job Title: Food Process
Technologist - Meat (Riverside,california)
Job ID: 14521
Who we are
Fresh&Easy Neighborhood Market is an innovative
new concept based on a set of simple yet powerful ideas.
Firstly, we think high-quality food should be accessible and affordable in
every neighborhood. We are here to create value for our customers and earn
their lifetime loyalty. As a neighborhood market, it only makes sense that we
care about our neighbors and the environment.
We also believe in treating people the way we would like to be treated. That
is why nobody tries harder than we do for our customers. By the same token,
we try very hard to create a rewarding workplace for our employees because
people who are valued are better able to value other people.
Where you will be working
You will be working out of our state of the art Manufacturing Campus in
What you will be doing
Firstly, no day is the same. You will use your expertise in butchery/meat
science to help project manage the transfer and scale up of different meat
products from our test kitchen through to large scale production.
Our meat processing facility is world class and we are very proud of the
quality of our products- they are second to none.
Working closely with development, production, planning and technical
departments and being involved in the development of meat products from
concept through to seeing them in our stores will be highly rewarding.
You role will also involve the following:
1. Advising on cuts of meat and yield optimisation
2. Assist with product specification writing and label generation for our
3. Assist in the setting of parameters on equipment
4. Assist in the planning and organization of process trials
5. Organize raw materials for trials
6. Organize all relevant samples for artwork generation ,
taste panels, shelf life and nutrition
7. Inform Process Manager of any key issues arising from the process trials
8. Ensure all product trial documentation is accurate and up to date. Ensure
all specification changes are managed
9. Organize travel testing for new packaging formulations and ensure
effective communication of results
10. Assist in the generation and control of all process documentation
11. Is influential in investigating/ resolving processing issues or product
12. Provide full training to Technical and Operations on new products, i.e.
visual, flavor, texture and aroma and any special attributes.
What we are looking for
Experience in working with meat is preferred.
Must demonstrate initiative; work well with others independently and within a
team. Must be enthusiastic, resourceful, self motivated
Able to communicate at all levels both above and below, verbally and in
Must be able to work in chilled areas for extended periods and be flexible in
terms of working hours and weekends, as necessary.
How we reward you
Because our job is to keep our customers coming back again and again,
creating a rewarding workplace is very important to us.
Keys to a positive workplace include growth opportunities, flexibility,
rewards and treating people with respect. We use a team-based approach, offer
good salaries and benefits, and work together to create a friendly, positive
environment. We provide quality training and are an equal opportunity
Safe & healthy
fresh&easy is committed to providing a safe and
healthy environment for our employees, customers, and visitors. We believe
that in order to be a great place to work and shop; ALL employees must take
responsibility and do their part to maintain a safe and healthy environment.
Nearest Major Market:
Market: Los Angeles
Artist, Creative, Food Service, Grocery, Hospitality,