Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) Manager-SPR00453 – Springdale, AR
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Value Added Meats Retail facilities utilize state-of-the-art beef, pork and turkey processing capabilities to deliver high-quality meat products to our partners. Advanced technologies and imaginative people create innovative solutions and distinctive value for our customers. Our retail customers come to us from traditional grocers, supermarkets and warehouse clubs to provide their meat and deli needs. We provide innovative solutions for their fresh meat case, frozen meat departments, deli counters, and more.
Cargill Value Added Meats Retail has an opening for Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) Manager located in the Springdale, AR facility. This position is responsible for food safety and quality management systems and regulatory compliance within the plant facility. The FSQR Manager will hire, train and motivate FSQR team to insure continuous and consistent program implementation and continuous improvement. This position has responsibility for a large complexity facility.
· 30% - Directs quality management system within the facility. Acts as customer interface with plant to review product performance, respond to questions and complaints, work with operations to ensure customer expectations are met.
· 30% - Directs food safety management system within the facility. Plan, coordinate, and direct all sanitation, regulatory and food safety programs within the establishment to insure compliance with company, governmental and customer requirements and expectations.
· 15% - Monitor FSIS/export regulatory activities and plant compliance with regulatory standards. Act as liaison between USDA and plant operations.
· 15% - Employee management - selection, training development, performance management, staff efficiencies.
· 10% - Reviews and verifies results and communicates with BU FSQR staff. Insures management system consistency with other FSQR Managers within the BU. Collaborate with FSQR Managers across the platform.
· B.S. degree in science or other applicable fields
· Minimum of 7 years of food safety/quality/regulatory experience
· Solid understanding of USDA requirements (HACCP)
· Experience/knowledge in Microbiology, Food Safety (HACCPs and GMPs), Quality Assurance
· Ability to provide leadership and motivation to engage employees in the business
· Strong risk management skills
· Ability to rethink and improve business for continued growth
· Ability to effectively prioritize and ensure execution
· Auditing experience and skills
· Superior written and verbal communication skills
· Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office software (MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel)
· Experience in building, creating, and managing Supply Quality Assurance programs
· Quality Auditor Certification or ability to become certified
· Advanced degree in science or other applicable fields
· Experience leading and supervising teams
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org