Lab Technician III-SID00462 – Sidney, OH
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values. Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Dressings, Sauces & Oils refines vegetable and tropical oils and animal fat for a wide range of food and nonfood manufacturers. We also make shortenings, frying oils, mayonnaise, dressings, and sauces for the foodservice industry.
The business operates seven oil refineries, five shortening and oil packaging plants, a mayonnaise production facility, a dressings plant and a culinary sauce facility, all of which are located in the United States. We also operate an edible oil refinery in Mexico.
The role will maintain and administer all quality systems’ requirements for all major customers. Supports the QC Manager (Sensory/Product Compliance) in the development and implementation of relevant quality and food safety systems and the daily execution of related activities for ensuring Cargill and major customers’ quality and food safety standards are consistently met. Conducts processes, systems and products audits to verify and ensure conformance to major customer requirements and regulatory compliance. Participates on cross functional teams to ensure effective implementation of quality initiatives and processes and innovates for continuous Quality improvement.
· 45% Responsible for execution of processes and systems product audits to verify and drive conformance to Cargill and major customer requirements
· 15% Assists in development and implementation of relevant quality and food safety systems
· 15% Conduct analytical,sensoric, physical and micro testing
· 10% Leads problem solving/root cause analysis
· 10% Train operation department and other facility lab techs on customer requirements and food safety/quality system requirements
· 5% Other duties as required
Shift: This will be a 2nd shift position.
Relocation assistance will not be provided.
· Minimum of an A.S. in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Biology or any other physical science
· Analytical data analysis and problem solving skills
· Interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal
· Ability to work 2nd shift
· Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, Biology or any other physical science
· 2+ years experience in Quality, Operations, R&D, Industrial Management
· Quality and Food Safety systems knowledge; HACCP, allergen control
· Auditing experience
· Laboratory analytical experience
· Micro testing and sensory testing experience
· Knowledge in using a full range of statistical and analytical tools and fundamentals: SPC including control charts, histograms, capability studies
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com