Corporate Quality Analyst – Continental Mills - Seattle, WA
REPORTS TO: Manager, Supply and Co-pack Quality
This position supports the corporate quality team through the development, implementation, execution and maintenance of work processes that improve effectiveness of the quality team and CM organization. Scope of work includes quality specification development and maintenance, change management execution and tracking, package nutrition, ingredient statement/ claim content development and evaluation, regulatory evaluations, quality testing systems and validation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND INFLUENCE:
· Review and manage key CM branded businesses new product specifications and attributes, testing methodologies, manufacturing control plans, and net weight controls within CM management systems (Infinity QS). Manage existing specifications and supporting technical documentation. Provide feedback as well as troubleshoot areas for improvement opportunities
· Support regulatory reviews for key branded CM businesses to ensure compliance to US and Canadian regulations and food safety requirements. Provide necessary support for regulatory review processes, such as, nutrition statements, claim verification, label compliance review, allergen statements, etc.
· Lead reviews of key products, supporting documentation, and complaint data to assure adherence to specifications
· Provide support for external manufacturing operations to ensure effective coordination of critical documentation/ technical information, quality programs and product sensory reviews within CM and the manufacturing locations
· Coordinate specific Corporate Quality change communication processes, such as new or updated specifications, new or updated testing methodology, external manufacturing requirements, etc. Ensure responses are timely and appropriate and records are properly maintained.
· Support management of Corporate Quality documents, records and specifications work processes for effective control and to facilitate ease of use and accessibility. Manage primarily within SharePoint critical policies, documents, and records. Facilitate annual review and updates of these elements per CM requirements. Identify new or improved processes to collect feedback and maintenance of policies, procedures or programs. Ensure compliance to corporate retention guidelines.
· Conduct audits as needed of suppliers, copackers, warehouses and internal facilities to ensure adherence to CM Quality requirements.
· Support and lead as directed problem solving utilizing tools such as 5-Why’s, fishbone, DMAIC, 7 step, etc. Identify and support implementation of improvement opportunities
· Interpret data within key systems and apply data for continuous improvement opportunities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
· Leadership skills to direct technical initiatives, with the ability to work across functions
· Work well within team structure
· Ability to influence without direct supervisory control
· Project management skills
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
· Ability to “sell” ideas and articulate business benefit of functional initiatives
· Knowledge of federal regulations and government agencies (FDA, USDA), state and local agency experience. Understanding of US food labeling laws is beneficial
· Experience with quality improvement techniques and tools – Six Sigma, Lean, statistical analysis, etc.
· Experience conducting quality audits
· Demonstrated knowledge and application of holistic process thinking to meet internal and external customer needs
Personal and Social Competence
· Works well under pressure situations and tight timelines
· Willingness to travel as needed
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· BS or higher in Food Science, Biology or related degree
· 5+ years’ experience preferably with plant quality or regulatory experience
· Technical knowledge of food safety, quality systems, processing and packaging systems
· Computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org