Quality and Food Safety Manager (SQF) - Valdese, NC
This position will be the lead Food Safety and Quality programs at a designated fresh bakery facility. This includes leading implementation and on-going program management/oversight on Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Certification and initiatives at a designated manufacturing facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Lead the integration of the current total quality assurance and food safety process into one integrated process. This includes HACCP system, regulatory audits, quality systems review process (QSR), standard operating procedures (SOP's), product scoring, food safety audits, field complaints, standardized work instructions.
· Develop and execute SQF Plans to achieve/maintain SQF Level 3 Certification at the facility and to meet all Sara Lee Corporation requirements related to quality and food safety programs.
· Oversee plant compliance and interactions with SQF Certification Body.
· Assure Facility meets all requirements related to SQF Trademark use.
· Develop and maintain systems to assure facility meets all SQF 2000 System requirements including Commitment, Document Control and Records, Specifications, Attaining Food Safety, Verification, Product Identification Trace and Recall, Incident Management, Food Safety Fundamentals - Building and Equipment Design and Construction, and Food Safety Fundamentals - Pre-requisite Programs.
· Train and maintain all training records on critical food safety and quality requirements. Document and maintain training registry for all employees at the facility.
· Maintain all registries as required by SQF.
· Oversee monitoring, verification, and validation activities to ensure that all products leaving the facility meet the facility Food Safety and Quality Plans.
· Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations have occurred or a potential risk has been identified related to food safety and/or quality attributes.
· Reassess SQF plan(s) when ever there is a change to program, process, procedure, ingredient, equipment, industry philosophy, technology, etc.
· Bachelor's degree in Food Safety, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, or related field.
· 6+ years of progressive food processing experience, with at least 4 years in a management capacity within a manufacturing environment under HACCP, USDA and/or FDA.
· 3+ years facilitating food safety/quality related training events.
· Demonstrate leadership in the areas of food safety and plant regulatory affairs
· HACCP Certification from a nationally / internationally recognized and accredited HACCP training firm
· Possess a thorough understanding of FDA and/or USDA inspected manufacturing facilities
· Comprehensive experience with FDA and/or USDA Rules and Regulations
· Must have strong organizational and leadership skills
· Ability to analyze processes for Biological, Chemical, and Physical hazards with a thorough understanding of the science and support behind each type of hazard and each step of a production process
· Able to work with cross functional departments within the organization
· Good problem solving skills
· Strong computer skills with experience using Word, Excel, Access, Power Point. SAP experience is a plus.
We make it our mission at Sara Lee to "Simply delight you...every day." Our brands make up one of the world's best-loved portfolios of innovative food, beverage, household, and body care products. Our leading, trusted brands include Ambi Pur, Ball Park, Douwe Egberts, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean, Kiwi, Sanex, Sara Lee, and Senseo. Collectively, these brands generate more than $13 billion in annual net sales as they delight millions of consumers every day in approximately 200 countries around the world. The global Sara Lee team consists of 44,000 employees.
At Sara Lee, we believe that careers are as unique as individuals. That's why we offer employment opportunities that give you ownership of your career. With the resources of a global corporation and direct responsibility to make it happen, you can be confident that you'll always be able to perform your best and be recognized for it. At Sara Lee, the difference is you.
The Sara Lee compensation program is designed to provide you with comprehensive, flexible benefits that enable you to select those features that best fit your needs. Our benefits include, but are not limited to: medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability, retirement plans, and tuition reimbursement.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Number of Openings
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org