Sunday, August 9, 2009
Over one hundred students of MA Rashid Hall of
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet) fell sick due to
suspected food poisoning after their lunch at the hall canteen on Friday.
Of them, 35 students received treatment at Buet health
complex and two others at the Dhaka Medical College Hospital, hall sources
They said most of the students who had lunch at the
hall canteen on Friday fell sick. They started vomiting soon after the lunch
and suffered pains in abdomen.
Two students of the hall could not sit for their
examinations yesterday due to pain in their abdomen, sources said.
Students alleged that stale food was served at lunch on
Friday, which might be behind the food poisoning.
Provost of the hall Kazi Deen Mohammad Khasru told
reporters that it is initially suspected that students fell sick due to food
However, initiative has been taken to find out the real
reasons through investigation, he said.
Besides, the water tank of the hall has been cleaned and
the sample of water has been sent to laboratory for examination to see
whether the water was contaminated, he added.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to