Sanitation Food Safety Leader Cincinnati OH
Functional Area(s): Quality & Regulatory Operations
Department: Position Overview:
The Sanitation Leader will lead and influence plant and department
sanitation practices including; changeover/end of run cleaning, master
sanitation, and CIP. This position will train others on developed
standardized practices and manage the centralization of sanitation
chemicals and integrated pest management. Position is expected to have
strong influential leadership abilities and partner with operations to
execute sanitation plans.
Job Description: Focus Areas:
• Sanitation procedure development, maintenance and training
• Overuse and efficiency efforts
• Water mitigation
• Verification and validation
• Regulatory and policy compliance
• Master Sanitation Schedule rigor and compliance in all areas. Develop and
maintain Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures and validate through
• Lead preventative pest control programs, manage service contracts, lead fumigation and inspections. Assure all
documentation is completed and filed according to regulatory requirements
and corporate policies.
• Lead problem solving activities through use of Continuous Improvement
tools such as six sigma, TPM and lean manufacturing.
• Manage site security programs, including point of contact for security
guard contractor and food defense requirements.
• Lead chemical usage studies and root cause overuse and train operators
and plant leadership
• Manage sanitation budget, including outside services
• Lead/supervise two wage sanitation employees
• Additional duties as assigned
Bachelors degree in Science or Engineering
- Leadership and influence skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support plant operations across
- Highly motivated self starter
- Sanitation, microbiology, food safety and pest control knowledge
- Strong collaboration across functions
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
-Technical and risk assessment decision making
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's
leading food companies, General Mills operates in over 100 countries and
markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury,
Green Giant, Old El Paso, Progresso, Cascadian Farm, Muir Glen and more.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2010
global net sales of US$16 billion, including the company’s US$1.2 billion
proportionate share of joint venture net sales.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and
the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your
potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of
General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the
world, and start building your own legacy.
Location: Cincinnati, OH, US
Job ID: 51233824