Food Technologist Job
Apply now »
Date: Aug 6, 2012
OF THE JOB:
To support the KFC-PSC Technology and New Product Development (NPD) teams.
Primary responsibilities include in market testing of key
initiatives/equipment performance on ingredients/food. (examples;
thaw cabinet, shortening studies, KFC Select recipes) and supplier/product
cutting program evaluation for core ingredients: fries, tortillas,
Work will include sensory testing of ingredients and products, supporting and
conducting equipment validation studies, collecting data, planning and
executing food product demos and managing and supporting in market testing in
key project areas. Writing technical reports outlining testing protocols used
and test results will also be required.
Additional responsibilities will be assisting in the commercialization of NPD
initiatives for Yum! Restaurants International (YRI) by developing and
validating cook/hold procedures and the testing of ingredients from Global
The candidate will be expected to effectively work with cross-functional
teams and markets to prioritize tasks. This position will also require in
market testing by the candidate, requiring good organizational, communication
and relationship building skills.
Product Technology (65%)
- Supports technical and NPD team members on key projects, including
execution of large blocks of test.
- Supports CSL development and validation for core items and new projects
such as seafood
- Supports testing of key products for nutrition program
- Assist with global application NPD commercialization by developing cooking
and holding procedures
- Contribute to Quality Improvement initiatives through accurate data
collection and test execution
- Product demonstration organization, supporting execution
- Leading the execution of the core ingredient cutting program including
follow up reporting.
- Participates in all courses including leading portions of PEC and Cooking
- Manage knowledge tool transfer to BMU’s
- Actively participate in field training
- BMU’s R&D/QA and purchasing functions
- Global core suppliers
- Field and Dallas RSC Operations
- Restaurant Teams and Operations in YRI
Store Location: 35242462922
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIRED:
BS in Food Science or related field with 3 years
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Food safety/quality knowledge
- Interacts well with others, demonstrates cultural sensitivity
- Analytical/investigative and troubleshooting skills
- Effectively participates in cross-functional/cross-regional teams
- Understands needs of project and works to deliver accurate information and
data to the team
- Logically answers questions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels.
- Follows directions from supervisors and others
- Mutually supports peers and other team members. Trust in the positive
intentions of others.
- Able to structure and prioritize workload
- Self-motivated. Demonstrates drive for getting things done.
- Detail orientated
- Basic project management skills
- Proficient with standard Microsoft Office products.
Nearest Major Market:
Engineer, Engineering, Food Safety, Food Service,
Healthcare, Hospitality, Nutrition, Product Development, Project Manager, QA,
Quality, Quality Assurance, R&D, R&D Engineer, Research, Technology