Account Manager & Food
Safety Auditor - produce food safety – Watsonville, CA
Salary:Not Specified Why?
the President of NSF Davis Fresh to develop, implement, and manage all
NSF Davis Fresh Food Safety and Quality programs with domestic and
international supermarkets, food service companies, fresh-cut processors,
import/export companies, growers/shippers. Serve as the primary point
of contact across business units for the assigned clients. Serve as a
risk management solution provider to all customers.
1. Conduct food safety and quality evaluations, including
pesticide and/or microbial sampling and risk assessments.
2. Provide direct supervision for other auditors in the
3. Provide client consultation / advisory services by providing
effective communication and contact with the client regarding all NSF
4. Proactively manage auditing/food safety programs or microbiological
sampling projects for assigned customers. Provide ongoing follow-up
and status reports to customers as the single point of contact for all NSF
related services and activities. Ensure customer deadlines are being
met. Promptly resolve any issues of concern when necessary.
5. Meet with assigned clients at agreed upon intervals to review the
current program and provide expert consultative food safety advice leading
to program improvements.
6. Listen to clientâ??s needs to determine other NSF services which
might be applicable to the client. Ensure that the client is educated
on other NSF services and promote risk solutions.
7. Identify and implement process improvements in client food safety
programs, including playing a key role in implementation of new solutions.
8. Monitor all clientâ??s audits and reports, and provide trend
analysis to the client relating to critical areas for improvement.
Distribute results of all audit visits to the client and appropriate staff
as agreed upon.
9. Create and administer reports to the client and staff as necessary.
10. Working with the technical services team, develop, document and
maintain each clientâ??s food safety audit program infrastructure (audit
tools, expectation manuals, reports, etc.) in accordance with customer
specifications and applicable laws and regulations.
11. Provide input to technical services to assist in the teamâ??s
development of NSF Online data reports that are able to track trends,
provide industry comparisons of best practices and benchmark against
industry standards. Work continually with technical services to shape
NSF Online to ensure its value both internally and externally.
12. Develop and deliver presentations to potential clients as
13. Attend restaurant industry trades shows, meetings, and
conferences; network and gain an understanding of current food safety
issues facing perspective and current clients as requested.
14. Function as a backup to other food safety and quality managers and
15. Perform other duties as requested.
2. Five (5) years related work experience in field auditing and
excellent customer service.
3. Customer consultation and/or advisory experience.
4. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
5. Ability and willingness to learn required technical and scientific
6. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
7. Ability to work well with others.
8. Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments
with limited direction.
9. Excellent attention to detail.
10. Strong time and project management skills.
11. Ability and willingness to travel up to 75% of the time nationally
degree in a scientific area of study or business.
2. Corporate level supermarket or restaurant industry experience.
3. An understanding of microbiology and laboratory testing.
4. Oracle Financials experience.
to travel by car and plane.
2. Required to sit for long periods of time.
3. Ability to move, with assistance, up to 50 lbs from one area to
work is performed in an office environment.
2. Most work is performed off site at client locations, trade shows,
3. Smoke free work environment.
No phone calls, faxes or postal
*Smoke free work environment*
NSF and its subsidiaries are EO/AA
employers - we welcome and encourage diversity in our workplace
NSF is a registered user of the
E-Verify employment eligibility verification system