Director, Business Development - Food Safety – Ann Arbor, MI
Company: NSF International
We are seeking a Director, Business Development to drive sales of NSF services with customers across the portfolio, with a special focus in Food Safety services, leading a sales team to meet or exceed Company revenue goals.
· Manage/direct Food Safety sales staff to meet or surpass annual sales budget, client retention, and control of sales expenses.
· Lead sales staff to create key account plans as needed to meet business unit and corporate objectives.
· Work with business units to create, deploy, and manage sales plans for key program and service segments to meet the established goals of the plans.
· Establish relationships with C - level contacts at major customers and develop strategic alliances with industry groups.
· Operate as primary liaison between NSF and major corporate food accounts.
negotiate and close profitable sales contracts at major corporate food
7. Establish and maintain excellent communications between sales, general managers, and administrative and support staff.
· Prepare and deliver effective sales presentations and contract proposals that result in new business.
understand return on investment and maintain or increase sales margins.
10. Assume a leadership role in industry meetings, conferences and shows, as directed.
· Maintain and communicate status and progress reports pertaining to customers, sales potential and results.
· Continuously provide market and sales environment insights - to business unit management - concerning competitor activity, trends and opportunities.
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Seven (7) years of successful professional sales and/or program management experience in food industry.
3. Four (4) years of experience working with the retail food industry.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Excellent organizational skills.
6. Ability and willingness to work independently and travel extensively.
7. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
1. Knowledge of quality assurance principles and practices,
including total quality management concepts and criteria.
2. Experience with contact database software.
No phone calls, faxes or postal mail please.
*Smoke free work environment*
NSF and its subsidiaries are EO/AA employers - we welcome and encourage diversity in our workplace
work for one the top employers in
· Posted: 8/11/2008
· Base Pay:
· Employee Type:
· Manages Others:
· Job Type:
· Req'd Education:
· Req'd Experience:
· Req'd Travel:
· Relocation Covered:
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org