Food Safety Auditor - CTS
Food Safety Auditor CTS
Consumer Testing Services
Job Reference Number:
Various locations available
Several positions available for Part-time as well as Full-time
The SGS Food Safety Lead Auditor performs timely and accurate audits to
internationally recognized or corporate standards. He/She commits to
excellence in knowledge and practice of all food safety and quality
The Auditor is responsible for technical review of his work and verifies all
discrepancies with the factory management and the SGS home office. Frequent
overnight travel by car or plane (75%+).
1. Schedule and conduct the full range of SGS Food Safety &
Quality audits including GFSI and second party schemes.
2. Conduct desk studies and/or follow-up audits to verify the implementation
of the client-approved, corrective action recommendations.
3. Communicate regularly with the home office to develop efficient travel and
audit plans for the completion of all audits.
4. Support SGS's Food Business Division by identifying opportunities to the
Sales Team for additional SGS services (pre-shipment inspections, food
5. Maintain accurate and complete records of all SGS business.
6. Expand Knowledge through training sessions on existing and new audit
7. Perform other duties as requested.
1.High school diploma, or equivalent, plus ten (10) years food
processing experience (food plant experience in a quality assurance position
related to food safety).
2.Certified as a consultant or auditor in at least GMP/HACCP, and ideally in
one of the GFSI benchmarked standards, preferably SQF and/or BRC.
3.In-depth working knowledge of the manufacture of multiple categories of
food and ingredients.
4. Ability to perform audits in more than one program area and/or ability to
5.Ability to work independently from remote location.
6.Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
7.Willingness and ability to travel extensively domestically.
8.Maintain a valid and current passport, driver's license and have the
ability to travel domestically.
9.Proficient with Microsoft Office software, i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook,
10.Ability to maintain a profession registration (SQF, BRC, environmental
health, engineering, or related profession).
§Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
§Analytical, decisive, adaptable, ethical, problem solver, persuasive.
§Logical system approach to problem solving
§Ability to write clear and precise reports.
§Team player with ability to operate without close supervision
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of
duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the
job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.