Food Safety Specialist - Southern Region / Cincinnati, OH-1200004155
Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and almost 60,000 employees. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 13th largest privately held company in the country, as well as one of the top 30 most reputable companies in the United States by Forbes Magazine.
We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customers, competition, family, freshness, and safety & health. Meijer's Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and Kentucky.
From store leadership to marketing to buyers to finance, the variety of careers available at Meijer is as interesting and diverse as the people who fill the positions. While your job responsibilities may differ, the purposes are all the same: To make Meijer the best retail organization in the nation.
Currently, Meijer is looking for a Food Safety Specialist - Southern Region (Cincinnati, OH). The individual selected for this position will be responsible for providing food safety expertise and acting as the region's primary key resource for our stores and distribution facilities regarding governmental food safety regulations and internal Meijer Standard Operating Procedures. The individual will also be responsible for ensuring uncompromising food safety performance through science-based Hazardous Analysis of Critical Control Point (HACCP) audits of our stores and distribution facilities, education of team members and leadership on the science behind food safety and acting as a positive change agent by enhancing our food safety culture within our retail stores and supply chain.
Key responsibilities include:
· Collaborating on a daily basis with other members of the corporate food safety department to discuss and analyze food safety trends and findings with other regions and maintaining a standardized approach to food safety audits in order to ensure Meijer food safety programs are executed to the highest standards
· Conducting a minimum of 3 science-based HACCP Food Safety audits annually within our retail stores and distribution facilities
· Providing expert HACCP guidance and instructional knowledge as it relates to food safety and food defense issues within our retail and distribution operations
· Assisting in the development, implementation and execution of food safety training programs and examinations
· Assisting in the response investigation to customer complaints due to product, facilities and/or illness complaints
· Conducting bacterial control testing and environmental swabbing of equipment using aseptic procedures
· Analyzing and comparing regional food safety metrics and training performance against company goals and chainwide performance by facility, in order to assist local leadership teams with the development of science-based action plans for improving food safety program execution
· Providing trend analysis reports and preparing presentations to regional leadership by facility, as well as by market area, so that they understand regional performance to company goals and objectives and assisting them in the development and execution of priorities and action plans for continuous improvement
· Identifying critical food safety breakdowns in operating and/or merchandising procedures and acting as a proactive change agent by proposing possible solutions to food safety leadership for further discussion
· Working with all levels of operational/distribution leadership in a collaborative and influential manner toward continuous improvement of food safety standards and operational excellence without direct-line authority
· Knowing local food safety code differences and acting as the primary Meijer food safety contact at the local level by assisting in the inspection and opening of new stores
This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
· Associate's degree in Environmental or Biological Science required
· Bachelor's degree preferred
· 1-3+ years of working with food safety regulations within the food/retail industry or with a regulatory agency
· Experience in and the ability to design, develop and present training programs and trend analysis reporting on food safety
· Previous experience working with food safety issues within the retail, distribution or manufacturing environments
· Knowledge and understanding of local, state and federal safety regulations (FDA, GMPs, USDA, GAPs, SQF, etc.)
· Working knowledge and demonstrated competency in the process of HACCP principles
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while remaining aligned with corporate food safety programs and goals
· Must possess strong verbal, written, computer and interpersonal skills
· Ability to influence positive change behavior without direct authority
· Ability to establish proactive, collaborative working relationships with organizational leadership as well as public health officials
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com