Entry Level Food Science Detroit, MI
· Job ID:
· Major:Food Science
· Salary:Not Specified Why?
Food Technol/Scientists, Lab Technician
Little Caesar Enterprises, Inc. (LCE), located in the beautiful Fox Theatre in downtown Detroit, has an immediate opening for a Entry Level Food Scientist to join our Research & Development and Quality Assurance team. Little Caesars is proud of its heritage and is still family owned and operated after 50 years in business. As the largest carryout pizza chain in the WORLD and with consecutive sales growth the last decade, Little Caesars offers tremendous opportunities for all our colleagues.
As a you Entry Level Food Scientist you will assist with product development and new technology projects and teams, work under the guidance of management and a project leader to support the development of formulas, processing procedures, and specifications for new products, product enhancement, cost reduction products to meet project parameters and Business Unit strategies on more complex projects. The Entry Level Food Scientist will be responsible for providing technical support to Marketing, Sales, and Operations, support multiple ongoing projects that run concurrently, and will have involvement in highly complex departmental projects. This position requires the candidate to have good organizational and time management skills. Also, a self motivated person who can meet project deadlines while working under little direct supervision. You will also have responsibilities for food product bake & test kitchen operations including cleaning and maintaining the test kitchen, & preparing executive luncheons.
1. Associates degree in Food Science or science related field (chemistry, microbiology,biology, etc.) and a minimum of 6 months professional experience preferably in a lab setting, or a BS in Food Science or related science field.
2. Mathematical competency basic knowledge of algebra, geometry, physics, chemistry and statistics.
3. Food Science or Chemistry competency basic knowledge and understanding of food ingredients, food chemistry, food processing, and food functionality.
4. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and offer solutions.
5. Ability to use general windows based applications to prepare documents, timelines,spreadsheets, and graphs.
Little Caesars offers an excellent compensation and target incentive bonus program and benefits package including: medical/dental/prescription coverage, 401k with company match, on-site child care, adoption benefits, free parking and exciting sports and entertainment perks! In addition to Little Caesars Pizza, Ilitch companies in the food, sports and entertainment industries include: the Detroit Red Wings, Olympia Entertainment, Olympia Development, Blue Line Foodservice Distribution, Champion Foods, Ilitch Holdings, Inc., Uptown Entertainment, Little Caesars Pizza Kit Fundraising Program, and a variety of venues within these entities. Michael Ilitch owns the Detroit Tigers. Marian Ilitch owns Motor City Casino Hotel.
Come join a stable company that is an industry leader we are waiting for YOU to join our Team!
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org