Food Safety & Quality Assurance Manager at
Poultry Processing Facilities in Sonora and Chinese Camp, California.
Manager is responsible for overseeing and administering the company food
safety and quality programs in accordance with company and regulatory
- Oversee activities of Quality Assurance Technicians to ensure company and
regulatory standards are met.
- Monitor HACCP and SSOP Programs and all documentation to ensure company
and regulatory standards are maintained.
- Monitor and oversee the Pest Control Program established for Plant 1
- Responsible for Quality/Food Safety checks in the areas of AQL program,
temperature control, scale calibration, moisture levels, microbiological
testing and net weight compliance.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining a current and
accurate shelf life study program.
- Responsible for timely label approvals and all communications with USDA.
- Communicate and work with USDA on all plant issues and be responsible for
Non-Compliance Records, their completion and follow up.
- Be an integral player in the company Safety Program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in Essential Functions required.
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Ability to speak Spanish is desireable but not
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability
to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram
or schedule form.
- Frequent sitting, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or
controls; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Required to stand,
walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently works inside a manufacturing plant with like conditions.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally
exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Noise level for the work area is moderate.
Please submit letter of interest, resume and salary