Food Safety Auditor
Time - Experienced
to AIB International Managing Risk and Strengthening Reputations We are
committed to protecting the safety of the global food supply chain and
delivering high value educational and technical programs. AIB provides Food
Safety Inspections, Audits, and Certifications, Food Safety Education, and
Research & Technical Services. Our renowned School of Baking offers the
best educational ... experience in the baking industry to students from
North America and around the world. The commitment of AIB International's
staff to provide quality service for every client has secured leadership
positions and a reputation for effectiveness and integrity.
of Job Function:
* Conducts food safety audits of clients facility
* Provides technical training to management and employees at clients
facility regarding the adequacy of food safety program, pest control,
operational methods and personnel practices, maintenance for food safety
and cleaning practices.
* Communicates verbally to management on the level of food safety existing
at the facility
* Prepares a written report, in English and/or Spanish, for management,
recapping all issues of observations and, if needed, corrective actions
that should be taken.
* The food safety auditor must be free to and capable of extensive travel.
* Organize inspection itineraries for the year and make changes as
necessary to accommodate new business, postponements, etc.
* Notify clients of inspection dates, if required.
* Travel to the inspection site, arrange to stay
in client's area during inspection.
* Conduct food safety audits using the AIB Standards and Procedure Manual
* Train personnel in food safety issues, write a report following the audit
and send it to AIB within two working days.
* Fill out expense vouchers for each client and mail to AIB weekly.
* Lecture and or participate in food safety conferences, in-plant seminars
and or AIB seminars.
Maintain a favorable working relationship
with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and
harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum employee
morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
* Food processors, food distributors and packaging facilities
* B.S. degree from an accredited college or university, preferably in
science or related topic to food safety plus 5-10 years of food plant experience
in a responsible position related to food safety..
* High school diploma, or equivalent, plus approximately 10 years food
Language Skills-Must be bilingual (Spanish and English) and must possess
excellent verbal communication skills, good writing abilities including
correct grammar, sentence structure and spelling using both languages.
Administrative Skills-Must be able to organize
travel itineraries, make travel arrangements and travel to inspection
sites; be able to work independently of direct office supervision and file
all reports, requests for information and expense vouchers in a timely
manner; and be able to use a computer.
Physical Skills-Must be physically able to safely
ascend to heights, be able to bend, crawl and move safely and freely around
machinery and building without assistance. Must have eyesight or corrected
eyesight to safely work around and inspect equipment, identify insect pests
and to prepare inspection notes and reports without assistance.
The food safety auditor must:
* conduct himself/herself in a professional manner, including appearance
and demeanor, at all times.
* carry out all inspection assignments from AIB and follow all written and
verbal instructions from Audit Services.
* maintain a valid and current driver's license, current automobile
liability insurance and maintain a personal vehicle for business use.
* maintain fiscal responsibility that will enable the auditor to travel
extensively, work and be away from home in the course of Company business.