Regulatory Specialist II, Flavor Product Compliance – Dayton, NJ
This position demands a working knowledge of the flavor/food regulatory field. It will involve direct interactions with Flavor Creative & Applications, Quality, and Sales & Sales Service Staff, as well as direct customer interaction to offer regulatory guidance and advice in this field. Contact with official regulatory agents and/or trade associations for further guidance and input, as needed, will also be required.
The individual will provide relevant supporting documentation and reviews for internal and external customers, as well as monitor new or developing safety and regulatory issues to help to determine the impact of these issues on IFF and its customers’ products. Broadly speaking, the role is broken down as follows:
· Provide regulatory support and requisite (regulatory) documentation to IFF’s customer base (internal & external), both in domestic USA and the international arena, in a timely and efficient manner ≈ 60%
· Liaise with external customers to ensure proactive handling/resolution of flavor safety/regulatory issues ≈15%
· Monitor current and forthcoming regulatory matters and impart timely advice to IFF flavorists and sales service on those issues that impact their business ≈ 10%
· Provide input for development and enhancement of in-house regulatory database and other GRA IT applications & department procedures ≈ 10%
· Other duties as assigned ≈ 5%
· Minimum - 4-yr Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related discipline and 2-3 years of relevant regulatory experience.
· Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, including strong verbal and written English-language skills.
· Solid comprehension of current regulatory & scientific affairs and ability to use this knowledge within their immediate business environment.
Proficient in the use of a PC and possess a working knowledge
of associated software packages (e.g. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
· Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing workloads to meet multiple deadlines; must act proactively in addressing customers’ needs.
Prior experience in the food or flavor (aroma-chemicals) industry would be a distinct advantage. Candidates with suitable experience in the pharmaceutical or cosmetics industries or similar fields would be considered.
The position demands a multi-skilled individual with both a positive team spirit and an independent, flexible and decisive approach. An ability to work under pressure is assumed, as is a customer-oriented manner.
Good problem-solving skills and accuracy/attention to detail are paramount to minimize potential liability. Knowledge of one or more foreign languages (in particular Spanish or Portuguese) is desirable but not preclusive.
Dayton, New Jersey, United States
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org