Quality Control Associate - Mayorga Coffee
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a food safety professional. This is a new position with Mayorga Coffee, a specialty coffee importer, roaster, wholesaler and retailer locally owned and operated in Montgomery County. Mayorga is aimed at offering high-quality, specialty grade coffees sourced from farms and co-ops adhering to the highest environmental, social, and quality standards.
This is a high profile position which will lead our efforts to earn GFSI certification and report to the Executive Team. The pay will be commensurate with experience in a range between $45,000 to $55,000.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Ensure that operations follow sanitary and quality guidelines as required by government and GFSI guidelines
· Review business statistics as they relate to all quality controls, assurances and standards.
· Determine and document any areas that may need improvement.
· Inspecting and sampling the entire manufacturing process
· Review the current policies and revise plans to improve upon the existing quality standards.
· Review and analyze the effectiveness of the modifications made.
· Ensure that all procedures within the company conform to health and safety regulations, financial policies and legislation such OSHA.
· Educate the sales and marketing departments regarding the specific quality related and specific certification requirements of clients.
· Monitoring production, and coordinating the activities of workers who are involved in inspecting materials and ensuring that they meet the quality standards specified by the company.
· Ensure that raw materials, materials in process and finished goods meet quality and food specifications.
· Support/manage governmental, GFSI, and other inspections/audits.
· Assist with special projects as directed
· College degree in Food Science/Engineering/Science/technical or equivalent degree
· Minimum 1-2 years of directly related experience
· Food safety background/experience required
· Knowledge in HACCP, GFSI, SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000, or ISO 22000
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
1. Knowledgeable in US regulations and international standards pertaining to food and beverage manufacturing, storage and handling
2. Quality systems development, implementation and maintenance including designing and conducting tests and inspections of products and processes
3. Product/process/software validation - including the knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product
4. Risk management principles and tool usage
5. Partner with the facility to support US FDA and other inspections/audits to include the Global Food Safety Initiative
6. Advanced knowledge of Excel along with other Microsoft Office software
7. Identifies and resolves problems using strong logical and analytical skills
8. Knowledge of principles and methods for training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
9. Strong interpersonal skills
10. Attention to detail
11. Ability to organize work, establish priorities, work independently, uses time efficiently, develops realistic action plans and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
12. Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
13. Excellent written and oral communications skills.
14. Ability to set and meet aggressive timelines
15. Willingness to handle day-to-day quality system issues by taking an active role in defining issues and proposing solutions
16. Enjoys coffee and is interested in developing palate
Please respond with your interest, qualifications, cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please indicate "Quality Control Associate" in the subject line.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org