120000315: Manager Food Safety and Microbiology – Topeka, KS
Hill's Pet Nutrition is a $2.2 billion, global division of Colgate-Palmolive and the maker of Science Diet® and Prescription Diet® brand pet foods. Our mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationship between people and their pets by providing the best, leading-edge pet nutrition technology, products and expertise to pet owners, veterinary professionals and other key pet professionals worldwide. Our company is a globally-recognized Best Place to Work.
We invite applications for the position of Manager Food Safety and Microbiology, located at our Corporate office in Topeka, Kansas. The Manager Food Safety and Microbiology is responsible for managing the overall Food Safety integrity and programs for all Hill's products. This includes full HACCP and Corporate Microbiology Program development, staffing and maintenance.
The Manager Food Safety and Microbiology will define and establish the Hill's Food Safety and Microbiology system, oversee development of Plant Food Safety and Micro programs, and ensure compliance to Corporate guidelines for Food Safety.
· Ensures all corporate microbiological lab and personnel requirements are met Standards review and assessment:
o Standards review and assessment
o Standards compliance
o KPI compliance
o Performance evaluations and personnel development
o Professional development plan to ensure understanding of latest regulations, industry trends and requirements.
· Accountable for all plant micro testing - according to corporate methods and policy and adheres to good microbiological practices.
· Accountable for the reporting and documentation of data and maintenance of records. Also, ensure that interpretation of the data is correct and that the results are effectively communicated to supervising individuals and corrective actions are adequately documented and executed.
· Provide guidance to Product Development on microbiological risk, troubleshooting and technical research projects.
· Provide guidance on raw material micro susceptibility and required information on methods and specifications.
· Oversee and direct the implementation of a corporate HACCP program to be applied at all Hill's facilities worldwide.
· Direct and lead corporate microbiological training programs (to include such topics as Micro-awareness training, HACCP, GMP's, etc.)
· Participate in internal audits (including microbiology laboratory) and external audits (contract manufacturers & labs, suppliers, etc.) Function as part of the Divisional Quality Team.
· In partnership with Science and Technology, responsible for the collaboration and development of micro robustness standards in new and existing products as well as provide technical assistance in related research projects.
· Master degree in Microbiology or Food Microbiology.
· 10 years of experience in Food Safety. This experience should include working in both laboratory and plant environments with exposure to micro control programs.
· Ph.D degree in Microbiology or Food Microbiology
· Functional knowledge and understanding of plant QA testing (contamination checks, preservative effectiveness, identification systems) and strong background in manufacturing Quality and Food Safety is a definite plus.
· Minimum 5 years supervisory experience
· HACCP certified.
Hill's offers all employees:
· Highly competitive pay
· Great employee, domestic partner, and family benefits that start the first day of employment (medical/dental/vision)
· Short-term and long-term disability
· Life Insurance
· Retirement Income Program/Savings & Investment Plan with company contributions and matching
· Healthcare and dependant care reimbursement accounts
· Annual tuition reimbursement up to $10,000
· 14 paid holidays
· Annual paid vacation
· Discounts on pet insurance
· On-going training
· Opportunities for advancement
· Highly professional, ethical, drug free environment
At Colgate-Palmolive/Hill's Pet Nutrition, we care about people. Attracting, developing and retaining exceptional talent are key global priorities. We proudly offer global career opportunities and a world-class People Development Program including mentoring, training and work/life balance programs that ensure all employees have access to professional and personal development opportunities. We continuously strive to become a great place to work.
: Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc.
: Research & Development
Number of Openings
: Day Job
: Yes, 10% of the time
Posting End Date: Ongoing
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, Mennen, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sorriso, Kolynos, Elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline, and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company's web site at http://www.colgate.com and http://www.hillspet.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate-Palmolive Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy and practice of Colgate-Palmolive Company to provide employment opportunities, as well as administer all terms and conditions of employment, to all qualified persons on an equal basis. The company prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com