Quality Assurance Specialist, Supply Chain Operations - Seattle, WA
Job Summary and Mission
This job contributes to Starbucks success by supporting implementation and execution of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance programs to ensure the availability of safe, wholesome, premium quality finished products for our customers. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Compiles and reports quality metrics on a periodic basis. Highlights trends and potential opportunities.
- Maintains QA and Company product information databases and critical files
-- Supports cross-functional project teams to ensure business initiatives and/or new market openings meet Quality, Product Safety and Regulatory Standards
- Supports investigation and troubleshooting of quality, food safety and/or regulatory issues arising from partners, customers, retail stores or regulators. Supports implementation of corrective actions and procedure improvements to resolve issues
- Utilizing the reliance quality management system , manages the review and/or updating of company network wide quality supply chain standards, quality operating procedures, training programs, resource manuals, standards manuals and operational tools related to food safety, product quality sanitation and regulatory compliance.
- Manages and maintains the quality documentations, implementation and updating of Quality Assurance operating procedures utilizing the reliance software quality management system,
Trains new users in the use of the reliance software quality management system.
Influences and collaborates with the plants to agree on network wide quality standards. ..
- Utilizes company standards and requirements, government regulations and guidelines to assure the timely availability and appropriateness of product information, samples, certifications and/or official documents needed to meet market regulatory requirements and/or to support product claims/names in domestic and international markets.
Summary of Experience
- Food Safety Certification, HACCP certification, including safe food handling and sanitation 5 years
Food Manufacturing experience – 3 years
- Gathers, records and reports on operational and quality metrics 3 years
- Generates and organizes information required for development of quality procedures and standards
Knowledgeable in BRC standards or one of the GFSI schemes – 3 years
Technical writing skills
- Manufacturer/Supplier quality system and product quality auditing – 3 years
- Plans, develops, monitors and verifies Quality System programs and processes – years
- Uses product formulas and product information to create required label information, including
nutrition information – 3 years
Basic Qualifications Basic qualifications for this role are:
Science/Food Science or Chemistry degree
Superior computer skills - Microsoft office, Excel
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com