Food Technologist – West Jordan, UT
Responsible for providing technical assistance to Quality Manager in the areas of benchtop samples, production testing and product evaluations.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare benchtop samples as directed; evaluate ingredient and process performance of bench top samples against customer specifications and modify as needed.
· Assist with setup, performance and evaluation of production tests on pilot plant equipment such as: grinders, blenders, forming, coating, cooking, freezing and packaging.
· Document processes, ingredients and results related to production tests, bench top samples and product evaluations.
· Select samples for customer evaluation and arrange for shipment.
· Plan and coordinate plant trials; evaluate production data and make improvement recommendations.
· Supply ingredients, yields, weights, throughputs, etc. for costing process.
· Establish product specifications.
· Perform validation and product studies
· Prepare reports for the Quality group
· Ensure SOPs, HACCP and quality programs are in compliance
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Bachelors degree in Meat Science, Food Science or related field or equivalent experience and ability.
· 1-2 years experience in the food processing industry.
· Ingredient functionality and usage.
· Familiarity with USDA and FDA requirements.
· Ability to lift up to 20 lbs and move (or arrange to move) up to 50 lbs.
West Jordan (WJ)
West Jordan, UT, US.
US Dollar (USD)
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org