Quality and Food Safety Manager-TOP00099 - Kansas
This position leads the site R&D resources to assure the on-going production of high quality and safe food products that comply with product design and meet or exceed customer and consumer expectations. As a member of the site staff, the position is responsible to implement all quality systems, assure effective change management and drive continuous process improvement. As the primary R&D representative at the site, the position has shared accountability for R&D driven projects in raw materials, product development and process improvement.
· Manages all quality assurance, technical services and laboratory functions for the site.
· As a member of the site staff, participates in the development and implementation of site strategies.
· Provides direction and influence for the development and implementation of all quality systems.
· Assures that all products and packs produced at the site are safe for consumption and conform to the intended product design. This includes being responsible for change management and process improvement as the R&D Quality Champion.
· Directs the quality and product safety components of all R&D driven projects through quality planning, specifications development, and project oversight for compliance to GMP's and other company policies and guidelines.
· Manages the quality audit function for site operations and assures the effectiveness of the corrective and preventative action process within the framework of the plant's Quality & Food Safety Management Systems, such as ISO 9000 & ISO 22000.
· Represent the "owners" of the Mars business at the site location with respect to the quality and safety of products and the food processing environment. This responsibility includes participation in the management of crises involving products, and the on-going interpretation and reporting of information from our customers and consumers.
· Manage technicians on the site R&D team to assure skills development and certification, resource planning for site based and R&D project execution especially as involves line start ups, management training and the on-going maintenance of a learning environment.
· HACCP, ISO 22000, and food safety management systems.
· ISO9000 and quality management systems
· Regulatory and food law
· Quality systems standards, including GMPs
· Problem solving
· Food microbiology, analytical chemistry, and sensory methods
· Process engineering, manufacturing equipment, and controls
· Lean Six Sigma methods
· Problem solving
· Activity Management Process
6 years of experience in a technical area such as R&D product development, laboratory management quality systems, or food process engineering.
An advanced understanding of quality systems and food safety programs
A BS degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering or related technical field
Ability to travel 15% of the time
Successful completion of a drug and background screen
7+ years of experience in a technical area such as R&D product development, laboratory management quality systems, or food process engineering.
3+ years of Management Experience
MS degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Engineering or related technical field
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars North America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit www.mars.com to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Research and Development
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com