Research and Development Specialist – Dedham, MA
Creates, develops and implements new menu items for both Papa Gino’s and D’Angelo brand concepts. Develops and enhances quality and operational execution of existing restaurant products.
· Develops and tests new products and ideas. Makes recommendations to the Senior Director of R & D.
· Evaluates new test products and equipment for safety, quality and operational feasibility.
· Conducts product testing with corporate team members. Collects and communicates feedback.
· Assists in preparing product presentations for the Executive Team.
· Assists in implementation and rollout of all new procedures / products.
· Modifies existing products or procedures to improve quality of products.
· Documents feedback and recommends procedural or recipe changes to Senior Director of R & D.
· Maintains nutritional data base and product ingredient information. Updates as necessary.
· Communicates product specifications and requirements of the company to vendors.
· Provides technical assistance to the Marketing Department for on-site photo shoots, product promotions and rollouts.
· Ensures the test kitchen and storage areas are clean, organized and sanitary at all times.
· Works with the Training department to develop training guides and standard operating procedures for restaurant operations.
· Responds to guest inquiries regarding food ingredients and nutrition information. Resolves any product issues.
· Prepares and coordinates luncheons for corporate meetings and events.
· 5-7 years of culinary experience, preferably in a Sous Chef position or above.
· Experience in recipe development (i.e. daily specials, catering menus, special functions, etc.)
· Certification in food handling safety.
· Associate Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Nutrition or related area preferred.
· Culinary Degree or Certification a plus.
· Ability to work cross functionally within the organization and be flexible.
· Skill in using a personal computer which includes knowledge of Microsoft Word Excel and PowerPoint.
· An understanding of price/value equations and the ability to work within R & D parameters (food cost, equipment, etc.)
· Regular and reliable attendance and punctuality.
· Ability to communicate effectively and interact professionally with all team members and guests.
· Ability to remain in a seated position for sustained periods of time.
· Ability to move freely about the test kitchen and restaurant work stations.
· Ability to stand on your feet for extended periods of time.
· Ability to transport and distribute supplies and equipment.
· Manual dexterity to manipulate knives and other kitchen utensils and equipment.
· Ability to lift or carry 50 pounds.
SUPERVISES: Kitchen Supervisor/Restaurant Opening Coordinator
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
At Papa Gino's and D’Angelo, we recognize that our success is based on our people and the satisfaction of our guests. We are committed to providing excellent guest service and exceptional product quality. We do this by recruiting top talent to join our team and offering continuous professional development. In exchange for sharing our values and helping deliver on our promises, we provide our Team Members with outstanding advancement opportunities, incredible training programs, and compensation and benefits that are among the best in the business. With two premier New England-based brands in the quick-service industry — an Italian pizzeria and a sandwich shop — we offer twice the opportunity to become part of our team, and we are always looking for friendly, energetic, service-oriented individuals. If this sounds like you, explore your opportunity now!
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org