Senior Technical Account Manager – Toronto, ON, Canada
DNA Based Solution Company to the Food and Agriculture
Client Organization: Confidential
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Our client is a leading provider of consulting services focused on DNA based solutions to Agrifood industry in North America, including both Canada and the USA, and Europe. The organization leverages their expertise in genetic identification to develop and market a range of products to support the safety, quality and integrity of the food supply. Their service offering is designed to protect the most valuable ingredient in any food brand, that of trust. The organization partners with market leaders to enhance brand values while contributing to the quality and safety of the food supply. Their product development strategies focus on identifying client needs and the technology solutions to support these requirements through a combination of R&D and licensed technologies.
Technology innovation is the key to driving break throughs in the Agri-food industry and our client is committed to technology innovation. Their core genetic analysis technology is protected by patents or through exclusive global licenses from their technology development partners. Our client’s intellectual property strategy blends focused internal R&D efforts and the strategic sourcing of intellectual property. This is the result of primary academic research, commercial experience and collaborative partnerships that have provided our client with the unique capability to implement a comprehensive traceability system that is accurate, practical, easy to implement and affordable by their customer base. They use an ultra-high throughput DNA genotyping platform and have embedded it into a comprehensive set of processes that they have refined and optimized over the past five-plus years and made available to their customers.
An opportunity to assume a new role within our client organization focused on supporting
operational success and smooth implementation of one of their major projects in North America. The Technical Account Manager will provide project leadership and build a superior advisory partnership with the client project(s) under their management. In this role the Technical Account Manager will visit customer sites and provide resolution of customer technical issues, act as a liaison with testing laboratories, and ensure timely reporting. The client organizations in Canada that this individual is accountable for are currently based in Ontario and Alberta. In addition, this role may include some travel to the United States and Europe. The parent organization for our client is based in Europe.
This is a critical role for our client organization in Canada. The Technical Account Manager has a corporate stewardship responsibility and will be a collaborative leader who demonstrates a high level of accountability for the business/clients they are accountable for. This individual will play a critical role as the organization builds a strong foundation on which to expand in the Canadian market.
Key Business Functions, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
· Ensure operational success and smooth implementation of our client’s projects primarily within Canada focused in bio-analytical and molecular genetics solutions within the Agri-Food industry.
· Liaise with testing laboratories.
· Act as a credible advisor to client organizations leveraging organizational proprietary
intelligence, systems and processes combined with a strong scientific knowledge to add value to customer organizations.
· Optimize business opportunities within client organizations to add value in delivering tailored solutions focused on food safety and quality of the food supply.
· Build credibility and sustainable advisory relationships within customer organizations and related industry venues.
· Be a key contributor to building the foundation of this organization within the Canadian market, in terms of business strategy and identification of opportunities to deliver solutions to existing and new customers.
· Demonstrate thought leadership and understanding in terms of scientific knowledge and
leveraging this internally and externally within customer organizations.
Qualifications, Capabilities, Skills & Experience
· Strong bias for action and ability to manage and partner internally and externally with key stakeholders through well developed influencing skills, superior technical knowledge, and capability in building strong advisory partnerships that add value to client organizations.
· An understanding of genotyping is preferred combined with an understanding of regulatory requirements and the ability to operationalize those requirements through testing and standard policies and procedures aligned to enhanced food safety and quality for consumers.
· A solid understanding of beef and pork harvesting and processing in accord with Canadian and North American regulatory requirements.
· An above average focus on client service, including timely responses, delivering credible
advisory counsel, shared business priorities, providing value and interacting with customer contacts in a professional manner.
· The ability to handle crisis situations in an efficient manner on a day-to-day basis and to
effectively communicate progress and issues to customers as required.
· Mature judgment and decision-making ability, with “hands on” strategic and tactical
· The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and use judgment in handling customer issues and providing detailed technical assistance.
· Proven ability to work independently and within a team environment depending on the
situation and business requirements.
· The Technical Account Manager will exhibit a positive “can do” attitude, be a self-starter and will demonstrate a pro-active contribution to the business, including “rolling their sleeves up” in delivering client solutions and meeting the internal business requirements of our client organization.
· Possess the credibility and knowledge to add value to existing and potential customers in support of organic growth within the existing client/customer base and in the development of new customer relationships.
· The incumbent in this client facing role should possess superior communication skills,
including verbal, written and presentation skills. An individual that can precisely explain
technical phenomena and present technical subject matter to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Strong computer literacy in terms of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
Educational and Working Experience
· A university degree in a scientific discipline, Bachelor of Science, Food Science Agricultural Science or a related disciplined combined with the relevant scientific business experience. Individuals under our consideration may have a Master’s of Science or Ph.D.
· 7+ years of progressive career experience within a Consulting Practice, Contract Testing,
Research & Development or relevant sector and discipline. The incumbent will have
demonstrated an ability to function as a credible advisor and partner with respect to food
processing, quality and safety.
· 5+ years of project management experience is essential.
· Make sound decisions
· Act strategically
· Effectively leverage scientific knowledge and data
· Meet customer needs
· Build realistic plans
· Manage execution
· Show drive and initiative
· Build support
· Promote teamwork
· Foster open communication
· Establish relationships
· Establish trust
· Show adaptability
If you are interested in exploring this unique opportunity, please contact:
Angela Eckford, Partner
Phone: (647) 777-3161 Email: email@example.com
Ed Perkovic, Director of Research
Phone: (647) 777-7363 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT AMROP KNIGHTSBRIDGE
Proudly Canadian, Amrop Knightsbridge is one of the leading executive search firms in Canada with offices across Canada and partner offices around the globe. Amrop Knightsbridge is an integral part of Knightsbridge Human Capital Solutions, Canada’s fastest growing human capital management organization with a truly integrated platform that spans the entire employment lifecycle from organizational development, talent search and selection, organizational productivity, career management and career transition. Knightsbridge was recently honoured as one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada. Further information about Amrop Knightsbridge is available on our website at www.amropknightsbridge.ca .
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to email@example.com