Directly oversees Food Safety Programs and staff at the Hilmar, CA site.
Monitor and facilitate food safety related items, ensuring that Hilmar
Cheese Food Safety Standards are met.
• Manages, oversees and audits the daily activities of the HACCP program,
ensuring effective food safety programs. Takes direction from the Quality
Systems Manager for HACCP Plan effectiveness.
• Works closely with the Production, Quality Systems Team and Quality
Assurance Teams to coordinate an ongoing readiness to exceed customer
expectations on quality audits and facilitates a continuing effort of
improvement on product quality attributes.
• Implements Food Safety Program policies and procedures.
• Works closely with the Quality Assurance Managers to assist with PIN and
• Works closely with Engineering and Maintenance Staff to assist with
equipment design, implementation, Food Safety Permit inspection and Project
• Responsible for management of the Hilmar Sanitation Plan, which includes
verification and validation schedules, and sanitation auditing.
• Responsible for Food Safety Staff, ensuring plant facilities are audited
periodically and that improvement to GMP/Housekeeping/Food Safety is
• Responsible for the development, enforcement and implementation of the
Hilmar site Hygiene Zoning program.
• Responsible for Vendor Assurance Programs, ensuring material vendors are
audited periodically in compliance with SCM/QA standards.
• Ensures compliance with regulatory and third part agency food safety and
public health requirements. Responsible for oversight of regulatory audits
• Maintains a leadership role in the training and education of all Hilmar
Cheese Company employees through functional team meetings and working
closely with the whole of the Operations Teams to develop internal
workshops and recommend appropriate outside workshops or training, along
with the development of Operations and Quality Manuals.
• Responsible for coordinating and maintaining the Food Safety portion of
the Corporate QA budget.
• Responsible for the compliance to the FSSC 22000 Program and compliance
• Computer Proficient
• English skills must be proficient to understand, read, write and speak
• Promote Company Culture
• Annual completion of OSHA Regulatory training and Company safety training
• Achieve common business goals through cooperative alignment with all
• Develop and mentor professional growth & advancement of department
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
• Strategic knowledge of production operations management for quality,
yield and cost
• Advanced knowledge of plant technical activities through technical study
• Advanced knowledge of warehouse operations and inventory management
• New equipment implementation through vendor facilitation and training
• Advanced industry related courses and vendor trade shows
• Completion of HCC internal technical training programs
• Software program proficiency in: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Qualifications: Education & Work Experience
• Bachelors and/or Advanced Degree in a related science or engineering
field with 6-8 years of related experience.
• Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disability to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
This description is a general statement it does not include other duties as