Career Opportunities: QA Specialist (26041)
Requisition Number 26041 - Posted 08/21/2013
Job Location: Stuarts Draft, VA
The Quality Assurance Specialist’s primary role is to serve as a liaison
between Quality Assurance (QA) and Manufacturing. In this role the QA Specialist
provides support to the manufacturing operations and depending on the shift
may be the sole QA representative. This includes responsibility for
compliance to all company and regulatory policies/procedures pertaining to
product safety/quality. This may include environmental duties. The incumbent
is the technical resource for Manufacturing and Engineering, providing some
leadership and guidance in the areas of weight control, incident
investigation and resolution, troubleshooting and other related matters. The
incumbent also provides support to employee training and product and process
audits. The QA Specialist must have a sound working knowledge of Hershey’s
quality system requirements. Some laboratory duties may be required.
· Compliance: Facilitates production activities to meet quality/safety specifications and regulatory standards by providing training, auditing, troubleshooting and incident management.
· Training: Assists in efforts to educate and train the workforce on food quality and safety issues. Conducts training specifically for plant employees and regularly follows up with employees to ensure that they understand the
· requirements of their jobs.
· Auditing: Conducts audits in accordance with Product Excellence Program (PEP)/ Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) / Environmental compliance procedures.
· Incident Management: Investigates and analyzes incidents to identify trends in product/quality safety information. Initiates corrective actions and communicates findings as appropriate. Uses various computer support systems (ex. SAP product tracking, Line Production Reporting (LPR), Cost of Non-Conformance (CONC), etc.) to help isolate / solve problems.
· Continuous Improvement: Implements continuous improvement through utilization of PEP program elements such as System Control Plans, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), HACCP, ACCP, Weight Control and Consumer Complaint Reduction. Participates in or Leads improvement teams and prepares reports as necessary.
· Project / New Product Support: Under direct or moderate supervision, acts as QA representative on multi-functional project teams or non-routine assignments. May support new product efforts from initial test runs to full-scale production to assure integrity of systems.
This position can be filled at multiple levels depending on years of
· BS in Food Science, Microbiology, or related field is strongly preferred
· AA degree in related field plus 1-3 years of quality experience
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
· Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written form
· Ability to work flexible hours
· Dexterity required for handling and performing tests in an accurate manner
· Ability to record data as needed
· Ability to climb ladders to work platforms, climb stairs to other work areas
· Lifting of moderately heavy items such as test equipment and product cases may be required
· May involve working around moving machines and handling of hazardous testing and sanitation chemicals
· Strong problem solving/trouble shooting skills
· Solid understanding of a production / manufacturing environment
· Proficiency in computer programs / software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, Power Point, SAP (Recipe Management), Net Weight and QA Trends
Any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background check results consistent with The Hershey Company's employment policies. Background checks may include, but are not limited to the following: education verification, employment verification, criminal check, social security number verification, and / or drug test.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran Status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org