India: Four tribals die of suspected food poisoning in Orissa

Source of Article:


Koraput (Orissa), Aug 23 (PTI) Four tribals, including a 12-year-old girl, died due to suspected food poisoning after drinking mango juice at a remote village in Orissa's Koraput district, official sources said today.

Medical reports indicated that the victims, belonging to two families of Bhalupadar village in Narayanpatna Block, might have consumed bacteria-infected mango juice and also some wild mushrooms, they said.

The victims had fallen ill after having juice on Thursday night and subsequently started vomiting with signs of nausea.

All the four died on Friday morning, sources said.

On getting information about the incident, officials of the district and block visited the village along with a team of doctors.

Other villagers were kept under observation and advised to take precaution against intake of unhygienic food.

The families of the deceased were given rice and assistance of Rs. 10,000 each from the National Family Benefit Scheme.






Main Page

setstats            Copyright (C) All rights reserved under

            If you have any comments, please  send your email to