Plans and conducts
complex projects to develop creative and innovative value-added products
in support of the commercial team strategy. Applies scientific and
engineering principles in the research, development, production
technology, quality control, packaging, processing of batter and breaded
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops creative and innovative batter and breading systems for major
foodservice customer and associated processors
• Works with independence, exercising ingenuity and judgment in the
approach to and completion of complex projects.
• Responsible for the planning and execution of new and optimized product
development projects across key commercial internal/external functional
groups to support account growth at key client.
• Personally owns and manages multiple priorities and timelines and uses
strong technical and problem solving skills to approach complex projects.
• Functions as a project leader by training, assigning tasks and
accountabilities to junior positions. Mentors junior positions.
• Leads and participates in product presentation to client and internal
• Provides direct link between client, processors, and Griffith
Laboratories companies to address and/or impact critical technical
• Keeps up to date on necessary technical skills and knowledge.
• Leads production trials of new products both internally in Griffith manufacturing
plants and with customers at external processing facilities.
• Demonstrates willingness to lead and assist in the implementation of
new technologies and process improvements.
• Provides necessary technical service to Griffith Laboratories’ Global
Operating Units in support of Global Account growth.
• Takes personal ownership of developing new skills to meet future needs
and is a technical expert for GLNA internally and externally
• Suggest and leads implementation of new technologies and process
• Maintains proper record keeping and computer systems