India: 63 hostelites taken ill by food poisoning

Source of Article:

24 August 2009, 11:21pm IST

JAMBUGHODA: Sixty-three hostel students of Don Bosco School in Narukot village, 65 km from Jambughoda taluka in Panchmahal district, fell ill with food poisoning on Monday morning.


All the students are out of danger, and barring one, have been sent back to the hostel, sources said. There are 314 residential students in the school. The affected were rushed to Jambughoda primary health centre after they suffered from severe bouts of diarrhoea.

Sources said the students had a feast on the birthday of a schoolteacher on Sunday. However, school authorities denied any possibility of school food being involved in the incident. "Students are allowed to go out from 1 pm to 3 pm on Sunday. They may have eaten something outside during this time and fallen sick," a school official said.





Main Page

setstats            Copyright (C) All rights reserved under

            If you have any comments, please  send your email to