Manager Environmental Health & Safety – Waseca, WI
Location Waseca, MN 56093
Millions of times a day in over 80% of American households, consumers reach for Pinnacle Foods brands. We are a leading producer, marketer and distributor of high-quality branded food products, many of which have been trusted household names for decades. Headquartered in Mountain Lakes, NJ, our $2.6B business employs more than 4,500 people in 19 sites around North America. We are a leader in the dry and frozen foods segments and our brands hold the #1 or #2 market position in 9 out of 12 major category segments in which they compete. Our brands include Birds Eye, Duncan Hines, Aunt Jemima, Lenders Bagels and Vlasic just to name a few.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Actively manage the facility Environmental, Health and Safety programs to ensure compliance with all OSHA, MPCA, EPA, FDA, and MN Department of AG requirements. The EH&S Manager works as a key member of the management team to achieve safety, quality, and environmental goals. All is to be accomplished in an open, participative and communicative work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Overall responsibility for the EH&S program and its implementation, improvement and monitoring
· Working with the management teams and employees to maintain a best-in-class EH&S program and safety record
· Maintain the budget for EH&S including training, materials, PPE and ongoing safety meetings and programs.
· Guide, direct and manage a team of safety employees (Central Safety Committee) to ensure that safety retains the appropriate level of prominence and that safety policies are adhered to.
· Coordinate and deliver EH&S training activities at the facility, ensuring that all are up to date and delivered according to OSHA requirements.
· Work cooperatively with the HR department to maintain and control EH&S training records in compliance with company, state, and government regulations and guidelines. Responsible for all safety records and documentation including safety meeting minutes, safety inspections, safety policies, statistics, and all other required documentation.
· Responsible for facilitating all internal safety audits; processes to identify and address issues, corrective actions, learning and program enhancements.
· Investigate all accidents to find the root cause on incidents and near miss incidents. Follow Company procedures for reporting and investigating all accidents.
· Identify, define and participate in continuous safety improvement efforts.
· Update environmental and safety policies and procedures, keep manuals updated and communicate those changes and updates to management.
· Ensure compliance with DOT requirements for transportation and compliance with current legislation in the transportation, handling and disposal of waste.
· Formulate the budget for waste disposal.
· Audit site EH&S programs to ensure work practices are in compliance.
· Aim to meet and exceed waste reduction and recycling targets.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience with OSHA, EPA, MPCA regulatory standards and safety programs.
· Motivated, self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision
· Work well in a team environment
· Bachelor’s Degree is desired in preferred field, not a requirement.
Pinnacle Foods Group LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All openings will be filled based on the qualifications without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, sponsor, marital status, disability, or status as a disabled veteran or as a veteran of the Vietnam Era. All applicants are invited to complete the Affirmative Action Supplement.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org