Staff Quality Regulatory & Compliance Specialist (26061)
Requisition Number 26061 - Posted 08/25/2013
Job Location: Hershey, PA
Leads significant QA programs and undertakes assignments of very high complexity. Examples include auditing and assessing customer and supplier quality programs, co-packing, co-manufacturing and strategic partner quality programs, leadership of Brand Technical Teams, troubleshooting issues of high complexity, and leadership of acquisition integration from the broader QRC focus. Serves as QRC representative for multiple THC and/or comanufacturing facilities and may serve on trade association committees. May Also interact with regulatory officials on behalf of Hershey. Lead cross functional teams (Marketing, Legal, etc.) on short or long-term assignments with respect to complex QRC issues (i.e. regulatory changes, product recalls, etc.)
· Compliance: Designing and implementing quality systems and programs to ensure regulatory standards are consistently achieved. Provides training programs, auditing of quality systems, complex troubleshooting and large-scale incident management. Acts as quality liason for large, complex strategic partners
· Training: Develop and/or implement training programs to assure compliance and understanding of internal quality expectations and regulatory compliance.
· Auditing: Conducts quality systems audits across Supply Chain to provide assessments of adequacy and issues recommendations or guidelines to ensure compliance standards are met. Provide audit summaries to Hersheys Senior Management and/or external business partners.
· Incident Management: Directs troubleshooting of complex incidents with potential large financial or regulatory impacts. Partner with cross functional groups (Marketing, Legal, etc.) and external business partners to ensure communications and action plans are established. Ensure timely and cost-effective resolutions are achieved. Liasion for regulatory agencies in order to manage product recalls, withdrawals, and recovery
Project Leadership / New Product Support: Acts as QA representative on multi-functional project teams or complex assignments. May coordinate new product efforts from initial test runs to full-scale production to assure integrity of systems.
Subject Matter Expert:
Would be a QA “generalist” with broad based knowledge in multiple areas including knowledge of regulations, industry practices, and corporate policies. Would have a full understanding of corporate wide quality systems, with ability to implement as required.
Scope of the Position:
Policy establishment scope: Assist in the development of corporate /
global policy for new mfg sites or new regions.
· Domestic: Handles high visibility issues at assigned plant locations or customers (ex. Troubleshooting a large scale quality issue at the Reese plant)
· Global: Handles high visibility issues impacting a specific country or customer.
Internal and External Leadership: Lead a small number of employees on
short or long-term assignments. May manage QA programs at outside
co-manufacturers. In a consultant-type role, responding to outside client
needs (more short-term) For example, chocolate tempering or HACCP training.
· Awareness of various regulatory issues
· Hires outside of the US must be fluent in English. Cultural business knowledge / acumen required
· North America QA Focus roles: Approximately 40% travel expected.
· Ability to work flexible hours
· Superior communication skills in verbal and written form. Advanced presentation skills.
· Ability to effectively interact with all levels of employees (from Production to VP level). Ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical audiences.
· Ability to make business decisions in light of strategic company objectives
· Ability to represent Hershey and establish relationships with outside agencies (regulatory, co-mfg, suppliers, trade groups, etc)
· Advanced problem solving/trouble shooting skills
· In depth understanding of a production / manufacturing environment
· Advanced proficiency in computer programs / software such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, SAP (Recipe Management), Net Weight and QA Trends
· Detailed knowledge of regulatory and quality system requirements – PEP, HACCP, Good Manufacturing Process (GMP), etc.
Copyright (C) All rights reserved under FoodHACCP.com
If you have any comments, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org